.17hmr Crow Bashing

kip270

Well i went out, as this is going to be my last week, hoping to get a good bag. The farmer has started to cut for silage, so i took out the CZ.17hmr. Scanning the fields i could see a good number of crows, but they were in a field that was full of cows :P I stalked along a line of trees, and stood for a while to see if any would present a decent shot, but there was a slight crest so the only option was to get into the field and crawl until i had a good vantage point to shoot from. As soon as igot into the field the cows headed over to see what i was up to, i was on my belly so kept making my way forward, and the cows formed a semi-circle behind me, sniffing and snorting :lol:

IMG00094.jpg

IMG00093.jpg

The crows didn't seem to care at all, and just carried on feeding, then i spotted one that was a safe shot, at 99yards, so i put the cross hairs on him and squeezed off the shot, "Whack" one dead crow :D

IMG00095.jpg

I was hoping to get a few more but the farmer was cutting four different fields, so they were off to a different one every time i tried to get within range :(

Guest 308Panther

Kip

Looks like you got "Cow- ma- flaged". :lol:

Many a early fall day was spent out at a friends farm goose hunting in his fields.

He had one high hill that was just the ticket for setting up decoys and sitting back, relaxing and calling in flocks of Canadian geese.Depending on his pasture rotation,sometimes we would have a herd of cows lookin down our backs..and more often than not after a few hours of no shooting,and basking in the sun we would doze off and nap only to wake up to some unusual noises and finds ourselves eyeball to eyeball to a bunch of heifers...

One day I opened my eyes to have a vulture circling not 20 ft above me...Think I'll take the cows over a vulture any day.

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

Just something about sittin in the sun on a early fall day just seems to make ya sleepy....

Got pretty good at takin a nap in a tree stand bowhuntin too...

sunlight,nice swayin motion from a light breeze...next thing ya know....You wake yourself up with your own snores...

But ya cant twitch when ya wake up.........ya might spook the deer thats below ya.

got more than one from wakin up from a nap....

308Panther

Archived