Varmint grenades

davo

Any body used these Barnes bullets in .223, Interested to hear any results using the 'NEW' 50gr.

The 36gr version has been out for a while but would be too light for the rifle I'm getting as it's a 1-8 twist and I reckon the bullet would tear itself apart but I might get away with using a 50gr.

Hi mate,,

Just done a search on the tinternet,,,, I was going to try some in my 6mm ppc??, But most of the things that i read were not very good??

People were stating that they were getting bad accuracy????

Does not look to good??

If you do try some ??, Let us know how you get on with them???

They are in stock at midway uk,,,,,

All the best, F2n

Hi mate,,

Just done a search on the tinternet,,,, I was going to try some in my 6mm ppc??, But most of the things that i read were not very good??

People were stating that they were getting bad accuracy????

Does not look to good??

If you do try some ??, Let us know how you get on with them???

They are in stock at midway uk,,,,,

All the best, F2n

I know somebody that has spent some time developing loads for the 36gr grenades, at first as you say they gave pretty bad accuracy results, but he has settled them down now and reports devastating results on rabbits etc and has had some very good results on a couple of Foxes. He has got a 1-12 Tikka 595, so it handles the lighter weight bullet I'm getting a 1-8 so will need the heavier 50gr which might still be a bit light to stabilise, if I get some I will do a report.

Guest northernchris

I have tryed a few loads now and the best i could get was 1/1/2" groups at 100 yrds :lol: I will try a few more at lower charge weights just to see if the will do anything at lower speeds.Also i will try some in my Hightowers .222 i will let you know the results.

Got a box arriving tommorow in 6mm/62grn, shame about the accuracy you guys are getting, I am having trouble getting loading data as I havent got a barnes manual, cant get anything from Barnes over the Net :lol:

If anyone has some for 243win would be greatfull :)

Having seen them being used on YOU TUBE they look fantastic.

Have a mate who is a Navy seal in the states and he was telling me that they were developed for CQB shooting as the round would not bounce around the inside of a room as he put it, but because they aint FMJ they have had to with draw them as X panding ammo is banned for Lagitimate forces but ok if you a terrorist :)

Cheers Andy

I have tryed a few loads now and the best i could get was 1/1/2" groups at 100 yrds :lol: I will try a few more at lower charge weights just to see if the will do anything at lower speeds.Also i will try some in my Hightowers .222 i will let you know the results.

I will try and get the load info off the guy I was talking about, I think he has achieved pretty good accuracy and the load data would suggest that the round is travelling at 4000+ fps :) , for a .223 that is fast.

Archived