STRIKER GUN LAMP

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

I am in need of a scope mounted lamp, I like the Lightforce lamps and have 2 handheld 170's, but which is the better one to get for the rifle...............the 140 lance or the 170 striker?

Regards,Sprags!!

I have a 170 striker on my 223 and spare mounts on the 243 & 22rf this lamp is very light has a good spot and produces a good bright beam , i know a lad that has a 140 lance a good lamp for rabbits but i much prefere the longer range of the striker gives beter views of what is behind your target so much safer , in my opinion

hi to give my pennies worth, i currently use a striker with a 50 watt blub gives good light with a red filter, on my 22 and 17hmr for rabbits, doesnt upset my rifle but then i do use a bipod. my only gripe is the quality if the fittings on the lightforce, ie to the battery. i have looked at the cluelight and it appears to be better quality, i have been toying with the idea of getting a good quality scope and fitting a logan lamp perhaps someone here has tried it! and give there opinion. regards ian ;)

hi gents,

I have used a 170 scope mounted lamp for the last 10 years??? and i think that they are the best??? i have tried all the others over the years and they do not hold a light to the 170???(sorry about the pun :) )

I have the battery pack with a dimmer on the top, that makes it better for rating and rabbiting on low power :)

the only problem that i have ever had was that i had to change the lamp to battery conection?? some of these ciggy lighter ones are crap!!!

the one that i use is a britax male and female, like you find on tractors????

anyway that is my set up, and as i say it as done me proud

hi there

spot on foxing2night.used 170 for many years and rate them the best . use two battery packs both with dimmers.out last night shot two foxes one at 120 yards the other at 328 yard. this farm is next door to an estate and the foxes that move from there are very shy and some of them have to be taken at longer ranges. so there is a need for a good lamp. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently started using a scope mounted 140 for walked up rabbits and have found it excellent. The 170 is the best there is IMO for vehicle based use but for walking with a scope mounted lamp I think it is too big

The Britax or similar connections are excellent. I have them on both the scope mounted 140 and handheld 170 as well as fitted to my vehicle electrics

Mark

Archived