Shell Holders - Help

Greenbear

Hi Guys,

After getting another case stuck, this time in my forster .223 dies, I am looking for some good quality shell holders for .223, .243/.308 and for .300 win mag.

Any suggestion on what and where I can get some from.

Many thanks in advance

Wayne

Green bear I may be wrong but I think shellholders are much of a muchness, I have a few different types and dont notice any difference. If you are looking quality ones because when a case gets stuck its letting the case rim pull up through, then it wont matter what shellholder you use you need to instead either use more lube or a better lube and maybe polish the inside of youre die just a little with some metal polish and some type of bore mop in a drill just be sure not to damage the inside of the die with the spiral bit on the end of the mop. If you are using plenty of lube and its not working try imperial wax and tiny bit is enough of this stuff just keep it off the case shoulders. I have never had a case stuck in a fl die myself but I have always used plety of lube.

I have not had aproblem with Lee lube but have had stuck cases by trying to lube every second or third to make it quicker. Like craigyboy said the shell holder wont solve your problem.

Have you got a build up inside the die, could be general crap or maybe a bit of rust increasing the grip/friction.

Try a little cleaning polish and this should sort ya.

Happy new year everbody.

Archived