Xmas stockings ( not the nylon type! )

Redfox

Father Christmas in the guise of the wife brought me a csemaster case measuring Thingy from RCBS.

It is ok The dial gauge supplied is ok for the price although I have much better in my measuring stuff, but it works well enough to show what you need to know.

The 17 rem is very good on cases and bullet alignment ( it shoots very well too) the 270 is ok but the 6.5 is a bit far out for my liking even though it shoots well so a comp seater die has been ordered from Sinclair and for the 243.

Whatever you get in this job seems to just lead to more spending, good job the exch rate is so good at the moment :rolleyes:

Redfox

I am finding this out very fast Redfox, I just keep looking at more ways to get more accuracy which translates into more money. I bought a sinclair run out gauge a while back, it works well, I was shocked to find my .204 ruger reloads with redding deluexe dies had a run out as much as 0.010 but this could be put down to the out of round chamber. I changed to wilson hand dies and an arbor press, runout on my tac20 handloads now is never more than 0.001 and usually below, I am sure the with the redding comp dies you will get the runout figures you want (even if it does cost you )

Archived