.17 Fireball

pcon

So one more question is there a dealer in the UK that stocks factory ammo for the .17 fireball... some one mentioned one before but I can't find it for the life of me...

Thanks

P

Hi Pcon,

Remington .17 Fireball ammo is imported by Edgar Bros. who supply the majority of dealers in the UK. While most dealers would not have it on the shelf they can esily pick up the phone and order it,

Cheers

Alan

Hi All,

Have to agree with Sir-Slots-Alot and Si-Snipe, no other round has come in for such ill informed critiscism as the .17 Rem. Much of the flak has come from 'journalists' who have repeated the old myths and who seem to have fired their tightest groups from a keyboard. With modern ammo, components, barrels and cleaning kit ther .17 Rem is a superb fox and long range pest cartridge. The .17 Rem. and the .17 Fireball fit in the same action, why go with less performance unless saving a few pence on powder is important?

Cheers

Alan

Taken in consideration a good cleaning operation, what would the average barrel life expectancy be on the 17 Rem compared to the 17 fb

Is the rebarreling cost an effective compromise for the round(s)from rem to fb say if the fb would stretch to 2k rounds fired I am not sure if it is worth the cost, watching the video it is an awsome bit of kit, new barrel every two thousand rounds fired ?

Archived