Abit IP35-PRO

325WSM

Has anyone built a PC based on this board and found BSOD problems stemming from a PCI or PCIe1 WI-FI card or has anyone fitted an ATI X1800XL graphics card and found problems.

I am finding a crash results in a degraded HD setup on SATA Raid.

I am unable to source help on PC forums - besides I am too much of a novice to understand most of the replies anyway and just wondered if someone here may be able to help.

Thanks

M

Guest varmartin

Have you tried tweaking the reset buttons ?

some time the reaction is worth the wait.

If that does not work. remove the front cover and caress the memory glands...! of cause it could be a problem with your hard driver... ;)

Martin

Thanks for the replies..............and Martin the HD is the problem - BSOD and the HD degrades ! You then have to wait an hour or more before its up and running again.

I think I am just getting to old for all this 'Whizz Kid' stuff See fuller explanation of problems below.

System as it stands is:-

M/B Abit IP35-PRO

Memory = Corsair DDR2TWINX 2GB PC6400C4DHX

4010215704, 0010215700

2 off WD 250GB H/Drives as SATA Mirror RAID ARRAY

2 off Optiarc AD7173S x18 SATA

M/B and Graphics card OK so installed Windows XP (incl SP2) on to a Mirrored Raid array. All went fine and system seemed ok at that point.

Installed drivers as per CD that came with M/B as except for one they were all latest versions. PC would not boot. Found after a while the Dram Voltage on auto was only 1.8 so uped it to 1.95 and all ok again.

Installed Graphics card driver/utility software.

Decided to then get onto internet and update windows so installed BitDefender 10.

All still 100%

Reset memory in BIOS manually to 44412 and 2.1v

Installed Abit PCIE-1 WI-FI card and stared to install drivers and PC crashed and one HD was degraded so PCtook about 1 hour to rewrite drive.

Tried again drivers installed so tried to setup and log on to internet BSOD and HD degraded again. Let PC restart and HD rewrite then changed card to PCI Netgear card.Installed drivers and all still OK.

Updated Windows and Raid drivers. and tried Orthos for about 1 hour - all OK

Checked SuperPi and all looked good as speed was still twice that of old PC with more to come.

Decided to check some of the VIVO functions of graphics card with utility and another BSOD when I tried to scan for TV progs.

Let HD rewrite

I do not have another PC to test the card but have checked Direct X and changed Memory for identical pair and all seems fine.

I do have another more basic Graphics Card and will be trying that next.

What foxes me is the BSOD causing RAID to degrade one drive.

On restart this was the error report PC wanted to send to M/soft

Error Signature

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 9BBFBDDB BCP3 : 99633298

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Error Report

C:\DOCUME~1\Wendy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1753.dir00\Mini 111307-02.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Wendy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1753.dir00\sysd ata.xml

THANKS for your interest - it is much appreciated.

M

M...hope you get it sorted, I know my humour did not help...sorry

Martin

It is most frustrating but please............

Reread my reply - it was intended to be in the same vein without too direct an approach.

I would hate to be banned for being 'smutty'.

Guest varmartin

That`s what I thought, I just didn`t want you too think I didn't care for your problem by making fun of it.. :blink:

Friggin computers can do your head in when they play up. Keeping my fingers X`ed as not seen `the Blue Screen of Death`

for a long time.

My PC just shuts down then re-boots when it is being laboured ??? go figure

Martin

Archived