Folding deer trestle

auquhollie

How much would "you" pay for one of these ? Material is 316 stainless. Thought about knocking up a few to sell and wanted honest opinions on how much you think they would sell for ?. The RRP is about £325

The trestle's fold in the middle and weight is 19kg

cradle.jpg

How much would "you" pay for one of these ? Material is 316 stainless. Thought about knocking up a few to sell and wanted honest opinions on how much you think they would sell for ?. The RRP is about £325

The trestle's fold in the middle and weight is 19kg

cradle.jpg

Hi, i would be interested in the tressle if you were making a few, what kind of price do you think you could do them for?

Hi Pointer,

The price i had in mind was £200. With the buyer paying the P&P at cost.

I have done a cost of materials and it comes in at £150 for the stainless + Nuts-bolts\chain etc etc....so basically £50 for my time.

Send me a PM with your email address if you are interested.

Ads

Ads, can I just make a suggestion which you have probably already thought of. That type of folding tressle needs a solid bar or pin to slot in somewhere to fix it firmly in its open position especially if the beasts are winched off it up onto a rail or they are a pain in the bum always trying to fold up if the beasts snags on it and drags it around a bit. I haven't explained that very well but I hope that you know what I mean! Although I don't use a tressle in my larder I think that the one in the picture is a good design (with my locking open idea added!) and I think that £200 sounds a fair price. JC

JC,

Yeah i agree with what you say. I had decided to use a length of stainless chain to stop the legs from splaying out to far. However i might just add a hinged bar that drops down and holds open the legs. Thanks for the imput.

So you think £200 is fair ?

Ads ;)

£200 for something that will last a lifetime, bargain i'd say.

Thats what i thought and with the size of it folded away it would fit in the back of the motor for field use.

Ads

Thats a good price, I'd love one but alas £200.00 is to much for me at the moment, will you still be doing them in a couple of months mate. :lol:

I can do one anytime you like mate. Just get hold of me when you are ready. No problem ;)

Ads

I can do one anytime you like mate. Just get hold of me when you are ready. No problem :lol:

Ads

Cheers mate, just had a load of birthdays in the last two months, (about 11) and some more to come along with other stuff, so a bit skint at the mo.

I'll come back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Well we got the trestle finished and have had it out in the field for testing.

We finished it off with stainless bolts and a folding locking device on the bottom bar.

I have attached a few pics for the lads that PM'd with interest before.

The price will be around the £200 mark.

See what you think.

DSCN2431.jpg

DSCN2438.jpg

DSCN2426.jpg

Ads

Archived