New load development on .223

Blacknsilver

The .204 is a separate rifle that's also a semi custom. Barrel , trigger stock etc. That shot exceptionally well.

The first group which was the original picture was 10 thou off the lands. I seated it in a little more in this test.

I might try the COAL that is in the manual to see.

This round I am developing is a vermin round. So wondering if another bullet would be better.

OK,the 204 is mentioned to suggest you can shoot 'exceptionally well' with such a rifle..that removes one possible factor...

COAL is 'just' the standard SAAMI spec to fit into standard size SAAMI magazines,rather than an accuracy recommendation-but do try it,it may suit that rifle on accuracy...be prepared to try a few though-moving out maybe 5 thou at a time from just touching.

Another bullet may well be better-there is plenty choice...but also factors other than small group size differnces that are very field important-wind judgement especially- but the smaller the vermin,the more precision/accuracy rig/ammo matters,in addition. Typically,a .3 moa rifle at 100 yards won't quite shoot .9 inch groups at 300y-other dispersing factors start to bite..good luck though with your testing.

g

Archived