Lightforce vs Tracer

adam.box

Hi guys i have put the inner tube round both my lightforce lamps works a treat for stopping external "GLOW". So cheap and easy to use. Will try the sock also. double protection as not been able to get out and try at all due to the weather up here!!!

Grrrr....

I have converted all my connection to Mono plugs they are heavy duty enought tight fitting and easy to get hold of. I have hard wired dash mounted mono sockets into blank switches in vehicles i use. So easy.

Will let you know how i get on with the reflecting issue.

CZV

Lightforce every time(i have a tracer somewhere)

replaced cable taped the filters(the worse part of the lamps are the filters I strugle to see without the backlight taped off!)

I use golf trolly conectors & battery 18amp & chargers so it all clips together nice:-P

cheers Andy

Nice picture :D I didnt have a sock handy, other than the one's I wear..... I had tried some black cloth but this probably too smooth and was simply wrapped around the mod, as you say a matted black sock may be better. I'll give it a try whilst I'm waiting for the neoprene halo. I was okay provided I kept the mag at x5 or below, but anywhere between x5 - x10 blurred most out upto the the horizontal lines of the cross hairs.

I had the same problem with the t8 reflecting back, didn't change the height of the rings, put the sun shield on and cured that instantly, have had a ongoing problem with lightforce have now changed to ledray 700 for the rimmie and cb2 for lamping general and a nv50 lamp for the centre fire, works a treat, all sorted again.

The sock works perfect, you buy a 50 or 56 mm scope to take in as much light as possible ... why block some off???

Agreed but i cannot get any sort of mod cover to work on my T8, all reflect back into the 50mm lens.

Funnily enough technically I would agree with your comments about 50/56mm letting more light in but 7 is about as much as a young eye can handle, so anything better than that scope wise ( ie 5x50 that lets in 10 (diopters?) is wasted. Now then just to put a spanner in the works I have 2 x Ziess 3x9x36s, a Swaro PVS 50mm and an NSX also 50mm, in low light the smaller Ziess set at about 6x ( so letting through about 6, as much as my old eyes can handle !) comfortably outperform the bigger scopes. The Ziess are older models from the early 90s but I guess the lens coatings are superior.

A

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Concerning reflected light from a scope mounted lamp( my lightforce 240! )from a silencer( T8 less muffler ).Yes I had this problem some years ago before I shifted to night vision.Basically I first used a cardboard tube and fitted to the scope as a long sunshade which extended 10" towards the T8 silencer.It didn't reach the T8 but shaded the silencer from the light.This performed really well.I improved the prototype using all sorts of plastic drinks bottles.It wasn't perfect but it worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Been using the Lightforce since day x and a friend has the Tracer. Both work very well and I would say both are prone to the problems you refer to.

I wonder what depth the socket is on your truck?

Many sockets are shallow and don't allow a deep enough contact which results in the plug hearing up and eventually either fusing the socket or burning out the plug. You can buy a replacement socket with a deep fitment and this usually helps immensely.

Quite honestly for advanced use its well worth adding a better socket type to the truck and converting the lamp. Saves that annoying moment when charlie is running in full tilt and 'Oh F^@k the lamps out' lol

Ha Ha Ha now that made me smile top rifle, top scope top lamp.... but it all comes down to an old "sock" to make it all work laugh.gif made my day that.[/quote

+1,it's not unprecedented.

But-what is the sock made of,is black the best, what KC (knitting coefficient),what size,and is it right or left foot? :-)

I use Std 3 pin household plugs and sockets never had any problems extension lead straight to battery and into cab with in line fuse Same 3pin set up for battery packs as well

Jon

Archived