What do you use??

Here are some of my toys. :lol:

PIC00194.jpg

Howa in .270 win in a Bell@Carlson Medallist stock with full aluminium chassis and fitted with a Timney trigger unit. Leupold Nickel mounts and S@B 3-12X50 Precision Hunter scope with Milli-dot reticule.

PIC00148.jpg

Howa heavy barrel in .223 the barrel has been shortened back to 20” so that the T8 is right up to the forend. 55gn V-max Home loads still do 3260fps though that barrel. It has Leupold mounts and has a Bausch@Lomb Elite 3-9X50 scope.

PIC00152.jpg

Tikka M595 in 243 Optlock mounts and Swavoski 8X56 scope. In the fore ground being used culling Fallow does, my mate in the back ground also has a M595 in 243 and the head stalker on this estate uses one as well in 243. :lol:

No photos to hand of my Austrian Voere 22rf semi-auto fitted with a Simmonds 4.5-14X40 scope and SAK moddy.

B-b

Guest northernchris

Ian if you saw the bench last week you wouldnt say that,it looked like the IRA had been having a hand grenade party :lol:

Guest varmartin
I bet that thing shoots like a house a fire!

Scott, sorry for the late reply.

She shoots real nice when i do my bit.

One of my long range groups ! 565 yards perfect conditions, 95 Berger VLD`s @2950 meplet trimmed

resizewizard1ja3.jpg

Hi gents,

Tikka 595 in .222rem T4 mod. Harris bi-pod and Tasco varmint 6-24x44 scope.

DSC00036.jpg

Winchester Model 77 semi-auto .22lr rifle with T4 mod, Harris bi-pod and Hunter 3-9x40 wide angle scope.

DSC00037.jpg

And the shotguns - Marlin 10 bore Super Goose, Franchi Alcione Sporting 12bore O/U and the old BSA 12bore single 3"magnum.

DSC00038.jpg

FAC is in at the moment and have asked for a 243wssm to add to my little collection.

Thanks,

Jay.

I think most of you have sen my rifles on one forum or another;

Here's the list;

22RF - Anschutz 1416 with Simmonds Whitetail Classic

22-250AI (tight neck) Tikka 595, blueprinted and rebarrelled by Peter Jackson of Jackson Rifles (excellent work) with Leup 6-20x50 LRT (Border SS 1-8 twist barrel) Macmillan Sako Varmint stock.

25-06 - (standard nk) Rem 700 Blueprinted by Norman Clark and fitted with Krieger mod sporter weight barrel, Leup 4-14x50 LRT scope, HS Stock.

6.5x284 (tight nk) Rem 700 full blueprint, speedlock, Sako extractor etc etc by Norman again, Krieger no 7 SS fluted barrel and 8-25x50 Leup LRT scope, Manners MCS-GAT stock.

270 Mauser M66 DL, Swarowski 6x42 (sadly no longer with me but a classic sporter)

7mm/300WSM Roedale Avenger full custom being built.

338LM planned for future.

7mm/338LM planned for future.

Would like to plan another varminter but when the 22-250AI is so good - why should I? :lol:

Guest Scott Elliott
Scott, sorry for the late reply.

She shoots real nice when i do my bit.

One of my long range groups ! 565 yards perfect conditions, 95 Berger VLD`s @2950 meplet trimmed

resizewizard1ja3.jpg

Great shooting!

Scott

Jay, is that the same mod on both rifle's??

They suggest you don't put a mod from a rimmy onto a centrefire because of any unburnt powder from the rimmy could be ignited from the CF round :lol:

I currently have:-

7-08 Browning A-bolt in a Mcmillan sako stock wearing a s&b 8x56 with a jet-z ase mod on the boss system

.223 Tikka T3 stai/synth wearing a nikon buckmaster 4.5-14x40 and PES t12 mod quieter than a .17hmr!!!!

.22rf ruger 10/22 stai/synth tasco 3-9x50 sako mod

.22rf sako finnlight varmint heavy barrel sako mod simmons 3-9x40

.17hmr CZ 452 16inch varmint sak mod tasco 6-24x50

black widow catapult :lol:

no pics at the moment but will try and sort something.

Jay, is that the same mod on both rifle's??

They suggest you don't put a mod from a rimmy onto a centrefire because of any unburnt powder from the rimmy could be ignited from the CF round :lol:

Yes Kip, it is the very same. I have not found a problem with this in the five years i have been using it. I keep it well oiled inside and out, plus the rimmy don't see much daylight. I understand what your saying, the problem was unheard of when i made the purchase so i never thought it would be a problem. Hence i don't worry about it.

Thanks,

Jay.

.22 RF. BRNO with 6x36 Nikko scope and Parker Hale moderator.

.243 SAKO 75 VARMINTER, SS H/B Laminated stock. 6-24x50 Swarovski scope with No. 4A reticle.

.308 SAKO 75 VARMINTER, Black barrel, Wood stock. 6-18x50 Swarovski scope with TDS4 reticle.

.270 Carl Gustaf Mod.2000 standard stalking rifle, 3-12x56 Swarvoski Nova Steel scope with No. 1A reticle.

8x68s Weatherby MK 5, currently no scope and awaiting shipping to my Swedish hunting pal.

At nearly 74 I have NO plans to change any of these as they are all capable of fulfilling my current needs and all shoot well when correctly tweaked in.

P1000417.jpg

Archived