First post introduction

tburkes

Hi guys,

TerryH was over at my house a few nights ago picking up a few things and having me do a modification to a piece of kit Matt had bought several years ago from me. In the discussion Terry mentioned this site as one of the better sites in the UK to talk about shooting, since the trouble makers are weeded out quickly, and to promote our gear on your side of the pond.

I own TAB GEAR LLC. we make lots of nylon products which can be seen at our store at tabgear.com We've been in business for about five and a half years. In addition to our product line you see on our site we've done lots of custom sewing and we also do some OEM sewing for Phoenix Tactical, Barrett Firearms, and Borka Tools, the new torque wrench that I think will dominate the shooting scene around the world. Terry has one for you Matt. He has his own, so make sure he gives yours to you. :)

We have sold our products all over Europe and Graeme Clarke is one of our dealers in the UK.

I have several rifles and pistols and have done a bit of tactical match shooting here in Texas, so I have a little experience I may be able to add to the mix here, in addition to maybe making some suggestions about tips and tricks I've seen here over the years.

If anyone has any questions about me or any of the gear we make I'll be happy to answer you as quickly as I can.

We also love to hear suggestions and ideas from our customers on how to improve our products.

Tony,

Just tried trawling through my pics to find something showing both a TAB bespoke suppressor cover and roll-up shooting mat in use in the same pic - only managed to find this one - and the mat is rolled on my knee :rolleyes: !

Delighted to have you here.

ATB

Matt

P1010054cropb.jpg

Greetings Tony, and welcome to this side of the Pond.

Having seen your "It's all in the eye's :blink: pose" at the Shot Show, I'd be very careful of what you call "Nylon Products" round here as this bunch's likely to get all sweaty under the collar and jump to some wild conclusions :wub:

The needlework on the Borka Wrench pouch's is impressive, and will get a thorough test as I try to stuff mindless amounts of shite into it in an attempt to reduce the loose junk in my kit bag.

Regards.

D.

Tony,

Found us then :) Welcome to this side of the pond.

Some info on the different rifles performance, bullets etc, on your recent trip would be interesting.

Cheers Terry

Stay safe.

Thanks a lot everyone, I'm pretty busy at the moment, so I may be sporadic on my posting.

Nice picture Matt. I have to say I've never seen these sitting slings you guys are using where you've got this webbing wrapped around both knees and your back. I've figured out a sitting position that is pretty unorthodox looking but works very well for me. I'll have to post a couple of pictures of it as another idea to throw out there.

Ratwhiskers, I'm afraid I don't remember the pic you're talking about, it must be a good one though. Did you and I talk at SHOT? If we did will you be going again next year? We just booked our flight and hotel last week. Please make sure you come by the booth if you make it this year. I appreciate your compliment on the workmanship. Like I told someone, I try to make everything like I was sending it off with a family member into harms way.

Sure did Terry, this site is very nice. It looks like SnipersHide when I first joined it several years ago when it was so small everyone was on the same page and just trying to help each other out. By my latest trip, do you mean the Africa trip? I'll be happy to post some pictures and make a few comments as well.

I'm glad you're liking the sling David.

Orka, you mean something like this?

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0475.jpg

DSCF0483.jpg

Edited to add: These are pictures of the first mat I made. we now have a double row of stitching around the edge tape on the edge of the mat and the stake pouch.

Tony.

I didn't take a pic of the pose you threw, I was too busy laughing :lol:

As to the S/Show, I got the green light from the Ratwife only yesterday so it looks like you'll be seeing Mike and myself at the booth.

Keep up the work with the good kit.

Will be seeing you.

D.

Ratwhiskers, Now I remember what you're talking about!! I'm glad you didn't get a picture of that pose.

See you there.

Patriot, ha, it looks like you're a walking advertisement for TAB GEAR. :) we're working on a few new things that hopefully will come out soon. The website is being rebuilt now and should be on line any time now. Have you used one of our rear bags? They're very popular and we are selling lots of them every month.

Scotch-egg, I'm not making packs at this point. The pack in the picture is made by Spec-Ops and is called a T.H.E. Pack. It's a simple, well made, reasonably priced pack that I've had for years.

Hey Rat, by Mike would you be talking about Mike Norris?

Archived