out after one

hi all

well I'm off in a couple of hours to see if i can bag one of them there bucks we have on our spot. i have had the pleasure of seeing a few but not had a chance to grass one yet, I'm taking my slippers with me this time to try and be a bit more quiet :lol:;):D , one of the members from this board has invited me on to his spot, not an invite i ever thought i would get, but a very kind offer indeed. so its all day Friday on my spot and then Saturday morning over on the invite. iv packed my camera so if I'm lucky then i will take a few snaps, and write a full report of the events.

ATB

Colin :lol:

now where did i put that tick spray :lol::lol:

hi all

well I'm back, and a good time i had as well. David (longshot,) is having problems with his computer,so he has asked me to post this for him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

longshots post.

Had the fat taxi driver col up this morning his words not mine met him in an area so he could never find me again laugh.gif Any way we set off up to my large estate near the white lee Forrest and including the white lee Forrest ohmy.gif . Got the big man settled and went for a wee wonder. Any way not known to me was a large heard of cows giving col and his dog a load of hassle and he seen no deer were i put him. I stalked in to a wee buck still in velvet and downed him at about 170 - 180 yards and looked round to see col watching me laugh.giflaugh.gif thank spiral staircase i never missed. Put the dog on the trail and he was getting stuck in to the beast in no time. HEADED BACK TO THE CAR WHEN I SPOTTED A NICE TWO YEAR OLD BUCK RUBBING OF one of the large broad leaved trees and informed col of its were abouts with a few well placed steps he was leaning over a gate top and shot the beast at about 190- 200 yards nice shot the problem then was how to get the beast off as i forgot to inform col that the area he shot the beast wasn't my ground (you should have seen his face i could see he was think my RFD will be history if i get caught with this beast). Any way back home for a warm badly cooked breakfast and a couple of cups of coffee. I think he enjoyed it and went away with a nice salty pie. tongue.gif I would normally say your welcome up any time but after vim deciding that was a free for all laugh.gif I will choose my words more carefully. PS good having you and i am sure you will be back.

colsbuckanddog.jpg

ATB

longshot

hi all

well I'm back, and a good time i had as well. David (longshot,) is having problems with his computer,so he has asked me to post this for him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

longshots post.

Heres some more pictures lads of the day. wink.gif Vim i can feel a cheep action coming on or an atec moderator laugh.giflaugh.gif

COLS FORM OF TRANSPORT HE WOULDN'T TRAVEL IN MY OLD LADA RIVA

colstruck.jpg

COL GETTING HIS HANDS DIRTY PS HE FAILED HIS LEVEL TWO ASSESSMENT laugh.gif

colsgraloch2.jpg

Them soft mouthed spaniels make you laugh heres Jammie the the spaniel that thinks its a terrier. laugh.gif

colsharddog.jpg

ATB

longshot

David

i know from a previous phone call with you that you are having problems posting on UK varmiting. i will copy and paste your post over for you.

and i would just like to add i had a very good day with David, he showed me beasts, and the stalking was not to hard for a fat taxi driver like me.

i was down one side of a block of forest and David was down the other side, he was that keen to get me on to a beast, he even rang me to tell me that there was some beasts showing on his side. the arrangement was if David rang me i was to make my way back to a tree that he had pointed out to me before the stalking had begun, so when my phone went thats where i headed, when i got to the designated place i could see David in the middle of a very large field stalking in to a couple of beasts feeding out about 100y from the block of woods.

i was stood watching him with my binos, and when he was about 170 to 180y out the beasts changed the way they where behaving, they had seen David, i was at that precise time watching the beasts with my binos when the buck with velvet on its antlers dropped on the spot, followed by the bang of the rifle.

i personally feel David had done very well to get within the distance he did, as there was no cover at all to hide behind.

he said he felt guilty for having shot a beast, when i had not. this is stalking and with all the best will in the world, it is imposable to second guess them.

but having said that i have no doubt that if it had not been for the cows on my side of the block of forest, coming in to my dog,(as they all ways seem to do) that there would have been beasts out in that spot.but as we where heading back to the truck, David saw anther one feeding out over the road. and told me to go and get it. i was at the time half way back to the car, and had left my sticks with David and the dead beast. so i walked back down the edge side at full tilt till i got to the gate way to the field, a quick scan with the binos confirmed that there was a buck out in the field, but it had seen me all so.i looked across the filed to wards it and there was nothing to stalk to to take a shot off, so i decided to take the shot from where i was. as i had a fairly good shooting position in the form of the gate.

now it was not the best shot i have ever done, as the beast was at a slightly different angle to me than i thought. but none the less the beast went down and was recovered easy. (with RFD and license still intact biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif )

then we popped over to a different plot that David has and we had a bit of a wonder around there, this is another nice spot, and will produce some good stalking for him. we agreed it was probably a bit late in the day for this very open plot and decided to go for some breakfast back at Davids house. and very nice it was to.

i was looked after better than you could of wished for.and even managed to grass one as well. all in all a very good day and it was much appreciated, and i will return the favor as soon as i get a plot that will allow me to.

ATB and thank you very much for everything

Colin biggrin.gif

Archived