Sako or Anschutz ??

I had a .22 Finnfire - fabulous. I had an .17HMR Anschutz X1V carbine which delivered cloverelaf groups at 100 yards.

I have the budget for a Sako Quad Varmint heavy barrel or an Anschutz 1717HB. Too much choice ????

A custom fluted in a laminated stock would be lovely - not a Savage !!! A market opportunity perhaps ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I have a Quad with .22lr & .17hmr barrels. There is never a loss of zero when changing barrels and the accuracy is second to none.

Mine has a polymer stock to keep the weight down for one and as it's a working rifle, wood would soon scratch and dent .

I don't recommend the dedicated Burris scope as the objective is too small for lamping IMHO..

I use a Leup VX 50mm obj and simply change the settings for each barrel.. Simple..... :D

I have had an Annie 1712 in 22LR, lovelly bit of kit. But to get a decent bit of wood you need to upgrade to the STS model, teh standard wood is very plain. I went to the importer and choose my stock.

A

I have had an Annie 1712 in 22LR, lovelly bit of kit. But to get a decent bit of wood you need to upgrade to the STS model, teh standard wood is very plain. I went to the importer and choose my stock.

A

wood don't shoot well...:D I've an Anschutz XIV and a Finnfire varmint. Being that the Anschutz is a dedicated left hand rifle, is the one that sees most outings and competitions. Accuracy is the same in both: one hole :D

Given all that's been said about the Quad, go for the Anschutz

Finman

Well I had a 1717HB in a McMillan stock and now own a Quad Varmint. The 1717 needed a box of ammo after a clean to shoot and the flag safety is awful. Far prefer the Quad Varmint which shoots great whatever the cleaning regime and is just a better rifle to me, plus the versatility of the barrel swap makes it a no brainer for me. Just get a Weaver rail and two scopes in QRW's and you are away. It accuracy went off recently which was a concern but it turned out to be the Mod which I had never cleaned and was absolutely full of crap. :D If you do get one then Rimfire Technologies is your friend.

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=48

Archived