t3 trigger

huntsman

Guest varmartin

Is the trigger the same as your sako ?

If it is, remove the weight screw and see if you can get a lighter weight spring that lives in the hole behind that screw...

please note, carry out the usual safety checks and make sure you cannot slam fire it after adjusting.

Martin

Is the trigger the same as your sako ?

If it is, remove the weight screw and see if you can get a lighter weight spring that lives in the hole behind that screw...

please note, carry out the usual safety checks and make sure you cannot slam fire it after adjusting.

Martin

hi

i took my T3 trigger to bits and i honed it, in fact i did very little to it,but it did seem to do a lot to it.

i just cleaned up the Ceres

but probably best to send it to a gunsmith, but i think you will be surprised,without a replacement.mine would go down lighter than a 1 lb and remain safe

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

At first glance, the units look identical....they aren,t.The sear height is a couple of mil higher on the t3, i know, because i tried to fit a jard trigger intended for a sako into one . Unfortunatly it would,nt quite fit, which was a shame, because the jard kit is excellent.As others say, a bit of a hone, and a lighter spring usually does the trick. I believe pete jackson may be doing one for the tikka, give him a call?

A bit of common sense should be applied to triggers, it is the only thing ( apart from you) between safety and an unfortunate accident. There is a great deal more to trigger adjustment than just twiddling the screws and most certainly changing springs. On a quality factory rifle the components have been chosen to perform to specification reliably. Springs can and do lose pressure over time and what is just ok now may be lethal in 6-12 months time.

The Sako and Tikka, if adjusted by someone with experience can be set down to 1 1/2 lbs and still be reliable. Any rifle taken out into the field, should not be lower than this and doesnt need to be for accuracy, its technique not hair triggers that gives consistent let off.

Most people posting on here have neither the knowledge or experience to play with triggers and in the event of an AD that caused injury / death/ damage to third parties would be held criminally liable in court.

For the sake of a few quid to an experienced gunsmith to have it done properly and its safety verified by someone who knows how to do it and more importantly, all the things that can cause an AD, doesnt make any sense to me at all.

They do it all the time for a living and will do a far better job in less time and take responsibility for their work.

I have a Sako TRG with 8oz match trigger and would not ever take it in the field, it would be an accident just looking for somewhere to happen :lol:

The likes of Baldie and the others on here in the trade will happily do this work for you and do it right to a safe level, dont take the chance!!

Redfox

• 2 months later...
A bit of common sense should be applied to triggers, it is the only thing ( apart from you) between safety and an unfortunate accident. There is a great deal more to trigger adjustment than just twiddling the screws and most certainly changing springs. On a quality factory rifle the components have been chosen to perform to specification reliably. Springs can and do lose pressure over time and what is just ok now may be lethal in 6-12 months time.

The Sako and Tikka, if adjusted by someone with experience can be set down to 1 1/2 lbs and still be reliable. Any rifle taken out into the field, should not be lower than this and doesnt need to be for accuracy, its technique not hair triggers that gives consistent let off.

Most people posting on here have neither the knowledge or experience to play with triggers and in the event of an AD that caused injury / death/ damage to third parties would be held criminally liable in court.

For the sake of a few quid to an experienced gunsmith to have it done properly and its safety verified by someone who knows how to do it and more importantly, all the things that can cause an AD, doesnt make any sense to me at all.

They do it all the time for a living and will do a far better job in less time and take responsibility for their work.

I have a Sako TRG with 8oz match trigger and would not ever take it in the field, it would be an accident just looking for somewhere to happen :blink:

The likes of Baldie and the others on here in the trade will happily do this work for you and do it right to a safe level, dont take the chance!!

Redfox

jacksons rifles do a universal match trigger for the T3 the downside is its £200 :blink:

But cheap at the price if thats what you want and everybody around you stays alive as well. A Jewell trigger supplied and fitted ( Rems only ) at PRS is around £230, so it is in the same ball park.

If improvement is all thats required as Col and Baldie have said, give it to a good smith and let him tune and set it for you , you will be amazed at the difference. Remember these are mass produced factory rifles, set to work and be safe, at a price people will pay, the bells and whistles cost a bit more and take individual time to do.

Redfox

Good advice from Redfox and as its a one off payment, worth it for the peace of mind.

I have done my own in the past but what if........ :lol:

Archived