Are Wildcat moderator Spares Available online

KRW

According to their website "Wildcat Products are not available to purchase online, please contact your Registered Firearms Dealer".  This implies they might not post out any spares directly, but it is worth phoning them to discuss what they will do.  Whilst a complete moderator is a licensed item, moderator spares are not and therefore they can be purchased without a license or without having to go through the RFD process.  A willing go-between may be required to do the footwork, or try in the "wanted section" to see if anyone has the item in question.

1 minute ago, kwakkerjack said:

According to their website "Wildcat Products are not available to purchase online, please contact your Registered Firearms Dealer".  This implies they might not post out any spares directly, but it is worth phoning them to discuss what they will do.  Whilst a complete moderator is a licensed item, moderator spares are not and therefore they can be purchased without a license or without having to go through the RFD process.  A willing go-between may be required to do the footwork, or try in the "wanted section" to see if anyone has the item in question.

Cheers, a call to them is on the to do list tomorrow, meanwhile, unfortunately I can't post in the wanted section of the forum as yet due to not having been active enough here at present, 

15 minutes ago, kwakkerjack said:

Previously, I have had spare parts for a gun sent from the UK distributor to a local gun shop without being hit with any RFD fees.  So they could go easy on you if you ask nicely.

The way as I see it, this is not a component part required to go on ticket so should not attract any additional fees or cost over that of the parts retail price

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

The RFD I know well stated a few weeks ago that Wildcat won’t send out any parts at all, licensable or not, any more. RFD sales only, as Wildcat don’t want the potential aggravation.  

Is this a case of them having got too big for their boots and now not wanting the ongoing responsibility that is being translated as "aggravation" when it should actually be "customer service" and on the back of the customers and their trade that has got them to where they are in business.

17 hours ago, KRW said:

Is this a case of them having got too big for their boots and now not wanting the ongoing responsibility that is being translated as "aggravation" when it should actually be "customer service" and on the back of the customers and their trade that has got them to where they are in business.

No, my understanding is that people were taking the piss and trying to buy complete mods in parts, it got to the point where it was blatantly obvious and Wildcat decided it wasnt in their best interest to continue selling spares...I image they'll still send you some o-rings, however.

11 minutes ago, GT3_richy said:

No, my understanding is that people were taking the piss and trying to buy complete mods in parts, it got to the point where it was blatantly obvious and Wildcat decided it wasnt in their best interest to continue selling spares...I image they'll still send you some o-rings, however.

Its a modular moderator made up of components, why would people be taking the urine by purchasing all parts required to make a complete one, nothing illegal in doing so, only breaking the law  if one is used on a firearm and that is not already on ticket.

9 minutes ago, KRW said:

Its a modular moderator made up of components, why would people be taking the urine by purchasing all parts required to make a complete one, nothing illegal in doing so, only breaking the law  if one is used on a firearm and that is not already on ticket.

Why would you buy the parts to make a complete mod, rather than buy a complete mod from an RFD, apart from in order to circumnavigate licensing I mean?

Someone gets a visit from Plod and is found with a mod they don't have a slot for - 'I bought the bits from Wildcat and made it' - what interest is there for Wildcat to put (keep) themselves inline for the scrutiny that would attract?

17 minutes ago, GT3_richy said:

Why would you buy the parts to make a complete mod, rather than buy a complete mod from an RFD, apart from in order to circumnavigate licensing I mean?

Someone gets a visit from Plod and is found with a mod they don't have a slot for - 'I bought the bits from Wildcat and made it' - what interest is there for Wildcat to put (keep) themselves inline for the scrutiny that would attract?

A visit from plod as you put it cannot determine that any moderator that is not on ticket is illegal, a moderator not on ticket that is put on a registered firearm then, and only then, contravenes the law.

Certificate holders are the ones responsible for their actions in such circumstance.

I imagine Wildcat is aware of the relevant firearms legislation. I've bought spares from them in the past after driving over a mod - the last time I needed something I was told what I wrote above, they weren't sending bits to individuals anymore as they were aware that it was open to abuse (I've a vague recollection licensing had been involved but I cant find the email reply I received now so I may have dreamt that bit hence I didn't include it above).

Give them a buzz and let us know what they say, end of the day they can do what they like...

On 5/8/2023 at 8:27 PM, KRW said:

No, exactly what others have said, the potential of leaving themselves open to prosecution for supplying licensable items off licence

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, exactly what others have said, the potential of leaving themselves open to prosecution for supplying licensable items off licence

As stated previously, Modular components are individual items and component parts in themselves and are not required to be registered on a firearms certificate.

Laws are not breached until a complete and unlicensed moderator is fitted to a licensed firearm.

Any unlicensed moderator that is intended to be used on licensed firearm needs to be registered and put on holders certificate.

Those are basically the rules per se, what the moderator manufacturer or other individuals interpret the law as being is beyond me.

My Initial question was, "Are Wildcat moderator Spares Available online and without ordering through RFD" ... it turns out that yes they are if you search hard enough and find the common sense approach that cuts through the ridiculousness of misinterpretation that surrounds the issue.

as stated on another forum from wildcat moderators. THE FRONT OUTER SECTION CAN NOT BE SOLD WITH OUT A SPACE ON YOUR FAC for a moderator .all other parts were available but now via rfd.  not sure how many time you are told to call wildcat moderators but thats the right thing to do.