Leupold Scope Warranty

fourtyvoats

I have just had a very good experience with this company. I bought a used Vari X 111 6.5 x 20 a few years ago and recently the tracking went awry. Considering the scope is now over 20 years old, I was not too unhappy but sent the scope off to Leupold in Oregon for fixing. The web site process for registering a return under warranty was simple and quick  and included printing an address label for the parcel and  a packing slip to explain the problem. A week later I had an acknowledgment. Two weeks after  I had a message saying it was repaired and would be posted back inside two weeks as they batched foreign shipments. Two weeks later the scope arrived back with a full explanation of the work done. The icing on the cake was that the documentation sent with the scope clearly explained that it was being returned after warranty repairs so that it came straight to my door without a row with Customs about import charges. Well done to Leupold!