Variation time scales

No i deer

As from Tuesday coming my FAC has been away for 16 weeks for a variation..!!

I've rang several times and all I get is excuses..

16 weeks is way beyond exceptable in my book..

How long are others waiting..?

I speak to customers every week and its amazing just how much things differ from force to force, variations here in Northumberland have been taking 2 weeks lately but in the past Ive had them done on the same day by driving over to the office and waiting 30 mins, granted there was a bit of a story behind that but it shows how flexible they can be.

It really is outrageous to think we have one standard firearm policy yet forces both interpret it and deliver it in so many different ways from the ridiculous to the sublime. Surely the likes of BASC etc should have been able to convince the government by now on how to go about this.

My own personal FAC is due for renewal in Oct 23 with Northumbria, I received the paperwork in early April with a request to get it back to them asap so all goes smoothly, Im not expecting any issues.

If my customers were treated like this I'd never have any work..

I think the service provided is way beyond poor..

Actually it's not even that good 😕 

How long does it take too type out and get the FAC printed off..!!

Can’t fault South Yorkshire really ,the fastest ever was two working days day of posting excluded , the last one has taken four weeks , again not too shabby 

I had a problem a few years back I rang three times and was told different reasons for the delay in the variation. So very calmly I asked for a copy of their official complaints procedure I was then asked would I like to pick my certificate up in the afternoon that same day to which I replied yes please .

i’m pleased to say I’ve never had a problem since.

Rang up today..

It's sorted now..

I was told I was rung on the 20th of march on a issue..

No call registered on my phone..

No voicemail from being out of a signal area

Never called again.

Today was the 4th time I chased it..

Sorted now and it will be with me in a couple of days..

Finally!

yep it’s not great, I can’t imagine the damage it’s doing to the trade as a whole,

factor in the current ammunition/ reloading supply shortage/ pending possible lead ban blah blah , not good 

3 out of 4 local ish gun/ shooting shops have closed down, first with C19 then this current debacle and the closure of two very well used clay grounds ,and a third under real threat from closure due to almost unrestricted building permissions, 

very soon we shall have a problem showing good reason down here as there’s nowhere to shoot!

Hythe ranges are being looked at as a huge cash cow 1000’s of acres of prime sea front building plots with ironically virtually no contamination 🤦‍♀️

Indeed!

I’ve been trying to thin mine out now for well over 6 months but zero interest,

all new or as new but the bottom line is there virtually worthless,

another genuine reason not to buy anything!

Rifle residual prices have always been rubbish when compared the scatter guns, but I’ve never seen it this terrible!

ces’t la vie