Which powder?

Rickyd

I would suggest finding which powders are available near you, lots of shortages everywhere, consult a reloading manual, I prefer Hornady although others are available. It may be prudent to attend a reloading course (NRA or other) these courses are subject to much discussion on this forum.

1 hour ago, Rickyd said:

I’m toying with the idea of reloading. With so many different options I’m a bit confused. I’m planning on loading 52g eld match for my .223 what powder would be best to use?

Get an up to date manual like Lyman 50th Edition,  internet info is no substitute especially when starting out.  As Durham Shooter says above, maybe think about attending a reloading course

5 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Get an up to date manual like Lyman 50th Edition,  internet info is no substitute especially when starting out.  As Durham Shooter says above, maybe think about attending a reloading course

I dont know how much the Lyman Edition is, But if he is shooting hornady, then use there App, its basic is free, then for £1 buy the caliber you are loading for. (or $1 cant remember)

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2023 at 9:44 PM, Richiew said:

What size matchkings and how much powder pls 

69 gr matchkings, 25gr of N140 with Lapua brass and CCI 400 primers

Load development and 600 yard shoot from a bipod

IMG_0467.JPG

200809 - 600yards BR(1).JPG

2 hours ago, geek said:

69 gr matchkings, 25gr of N140 with Lapua brass and CCI 400 primers

Load development and 600 yard shoot from a bipod

IMG_0467.JPG

200809 - 600yards BR(1).JPG

I'm not quite sure what you're showing us?? How does the top target picture relate to the image below ?

On 8/9/2023 at 11:39 PM, Popsbengo said:

I'm not quite sure what you're showing us?? How does the top target picture relate to the image below ?

The first target was just showing the three shot group after I had worked the load up. I was lucky to get a still day, the top group was shot at 100 yards off a bipod..

7 hours ago, geek said:

The first target was just showing the three shot group after I had worked the load up. I was lucky to get a still day, the top group was shot at 100 yards off a bipod..

Ah, I see.  Good shooting