They would understandably look very hard at anyone showing evidence of anger management issues.........

Pete

It would depend on the offence.  For example: arrested while on a peaceful protect vs. arrested scuffling at a football match

It's about attitude to abiding by the law and not demonstrating anger issues

13 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

It would depend on the offence.  For example: arrested while on a peaceful protect vs. arrested scuffling at a football match

Seeing as there is a lawful right to protest and if conducting yourself within the law then there should be no lawful arresting going on….

2 hours ago, ontoproofer said:

can you lose your gun licence for a public order offence ?

cheers ontoproofer

To answer your question bluntly. Yes you can. 

It will be subjective and the Licensing manager responsible for the individuals licensing area will review the continued authority to posses firearms on a case by case basis. An arrest for any offence needs reporting for review no matter the outcome; Release without charge/out of court disposal/Court 

2 hours ago, ontoproofer said:

The lady next door saw that I was over her dropped kerb by about 12 inches lol and came out the house like a stung wasp and said you can't park there being aggressive to which I politely replied F off whilst walking away

Have you received a public order offence for this? If not yet then deny everything. If the dropped kerb is on the public highway and no yellow lines etc then no offence committed. Plus neighbour doesnt own it. Your response could have been better but likely to be equal and no worse than her attitude. Best advice for next time is to politely inform her of the situation or walk away quietly and just think she should f off. Better than worrying about losing FAC.

19 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

I can honestly say I've never met anyone who's never got mad,irate or angry at some point..

Having your licence revoked coz you got pissed off about something would be really silly..

I don't see many law abiding people about these days..

How hard is it too be when most of the world is corrupt 🤣

1. There's no such thing as a "gun licence".

2. Are the police involved at all?

3. Here's what the law says (the relevant parts of s.30 Firearms Act 1968):

30 Revocation of firearm certificates.

(1) A firearm certificate may be revoked by the chief officer of police for the area in which the holder resides on any of the grounds mentioned in subsections (2) to (5) below.

(2) The certificate may be revoked if the chief officer of police has reason to believe—

(a that the holder is of intemperate habits or unsound mind or is otherwise unfitted to be entrusted with a firearm; or

(b) that the holder can no longer be permitted to have the firearm or ammunition to which the certificate relates in his possession without danger to the public safety or to the peace.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/part/II/crossheading/grant-renewal-variation-and-revocation-of-firearm-and-shot-gun-certificates

My recommendation? Find out in the first instance whether your neighbour has contacted the police about the matter. If yes, then - assuming that you're a member - contact BASC.

maximus otter

4 hours ago, maximus otter said:

1. There's no such thing as a "gun licence".

2. Are the police involved at all?

3. Here's what the law says (the relevant parts of s.30 Firearms Act 1968):

30 Revocation of firearm certificates.

(1) A firearm certificate may be revoked by the chief officer of police for the area in which the holder resides on any of the grounds mentioned in subsections (2) to (5) below.

(2) The certificate may be revoked if the chief officer of police has reason to believe—

(a that the holder is of intemperate habits or unsound mind or is otherwise unfitted to be entrusted with a firearm; or

(b) that the holder can no longer be permitted to have the firearm or ammunition to which the certificate relates in his possession without danger to the public safety or to the peace.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/part/II/crossheading/grant-renewal-variation-and-revocation-of-firearm-and-shot-gun-certificates

My recommendation? Find out in the first instance whether your neighbour has contacted the police about the matter. If yes, then - assuming that you're a member - contact BASC.

maximus otter

Thanks for the advice

yes the police are involved I spent 12 hours there lol and then 2 firearms officers bought me home at 3.10 in the morning 

luckily this situation has been brewing for the past couple of months and my firearms are at rfd 

29 minutes ago, ontoproofer said:

I spent 12 hours there…

…this situation has been brewing for the past couple of months and my firearms are at rfd 

I am a retired police constable.

I’d take a lot of convincing that someone would be arrested, let alone spend 12 hours in custody, over simply telling someone once to Foxtrot Oscar.

The second paragraph above implies that there’s a lot more going on here. 

It’s none of my business, and l’m not going to ask questions, but anyone on this forum who’s sweating about something they’ve said once to a neighbour in the heat of the moment: Calm down!

maximus otter