Tikka T1x Upgrade

Arell

Just thought I’d share this project again.

I'm admittedly a bit fussy about these things - not least because it's what I do for a living, but for me, the worst element of the T1x is the plastic trigger guard.

As a fundamental element of the rifle's operation, it's always grated on me that it had been overly value engineered. There isn't anything on the market that looked decent enough to match the rest of the rifle, so I've made my own.

Having 3D printed several iterations, the final version has been freshly CNC milled from a billet of 6061 and is now ready to test.

The fit and function seem absolutely spot on and (somewhat subjectively) it looks great - I've matched the profile of the magazine, as the rounded factory version never quite looked right.

I’m off to the range tonight to run it in, then (all being well) it’s in the post and off to for a lick of Cerakote.

Arell

ARELL - Tikka T1x - 01.png

ARELL - Tikka T1x - 02.png

ARELL - Tikka T1x - 03.png

ARELL - Tikka T1x - 04.png

ARELL - Tikka T1x - 05.png

ARELL - Tikka T1x - 06.png

Looks lovely that, nice job! If successful and works as planned would you consider making and selling small quantities?

1 minute ago, JDT said:

Looks lovely that, nice job! If successful and works as planned would you consider making and selling small quantities?

Thanks @JDT

I have thought about it - everyone that’s seen it so far has asked for one(!)

I’ll gauge interest and see if making a batch becomes cost-viable. 

Making bespoke parts like this isn’t as cheap as existing bulk manufactured items though - I believe Atlasworxs make a functional unit at a good price.

Well whatever you decide, best of luck!

Thanks for mentioning the Atlasworxs one too, I’ll take a look at that as I know they make some other good components.

• 3 months later...