Looking for a night vision setup for my FAC air rifle

Matt234

Hi

Any recommendations for a night vision set up on my FAC air rifle I was considering a pard 008S just for the usual rats and rabbits! If anybody has anything in the TR27 postcode area drop me a pm I wouldn't mind having a look at your setup!

Cheers Matt 

Matt,

the Pard DS35 is the one to go for now. Traditional looking like a regular scope. The IR is probably the best integrated unit released so far. 

a chap called Russ Douglass who writes in air gun magazines and does a fair bit of ratting really rates it and had a few videos up on YouTube. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me butting in, Is that a 700cc bottle on your Impact m3, what sort of shot count are you getting, mine has the 580cc Bottle, just wondering if a 700cc is worth getting.

NV wise I dont think the OP would go far wrong with a DS35, I have one and for the money it's a great unit.

Just had a look through a DS 35 today at the range on a 22lr so I think that's the way I'm going to go! I spent this morning tuning the FX all sorted now the picture shows a group of 50 m 

Cheers Matt 

IMG_20230119_121436506.jpg

50 yard group with my Raw my impact would do the same on a still day they will both do it at 100 with slugs , my Raw runs at 50 ftlb my impact would do 70 ftlb but I ran it at 60 in .22

2DBC43B0-0DB6-4600-81BC-8E35F0A02C2A.png

2 hours ago, Aggy said:

Have you considered thermal , yes more expensive but very good , I have a Hikmicro stella and really rate it 

Done the thermal route and had digital and as sinead o Conner sang nothing compares to drone pro . 
Bought high end thermal £5k+ and it’s still a hot blob . Stick with a thermal spotter and a good digital scope with a good IR 

Try 27 and 29 ,.

what liner do you have , is it carbon sleeved at all ,

with mine it was a 700 mm stx superior but I had epoxied the liner into a carbon sleeve ,you have to get the length purge t and still retain the oring at each end but it stiffens the barrel 

This is when I got the thermal it not on a rifle just looking in the local park , end of the field 234 yard the building at the end 475.

if you look at the container the thermal picks up the different temp on the paint on the graffiti 

I have a pulsar Thermion XP50 that I've not used yet a friend lent it to me as he's not using it! A bit much for an air rifle but I don't particularly want to disturb any of my  centre fire rifles as I'm having no problems with the rabbits and foxes with a torch mounted on the rifle.