First Aid Kit for general shooting on ranges or land

pengo

Just a general thought whilst I was at the range today, as to who actually carries with them a first aid kit in case of an emergency etc whilst out shooting, be it on the range or the land.

It was because one chap came to the range today, who always has one with him; and I realised he was the only person I knew who did this.

Now, with a sense of cautious concern I believe it should be a common practice, as you never know if anything was to happen, how injuries could be treated whilst other help was being sought.

Having said this, what would be your view on the best items to include within a "Field" First Aid Kit?

Depends on what injuries you're intending to treat.

If you're talking from a paper cut to a gunshot wound then it can get quite extensive.

For gunshot wounds I'd say minimum is a pressure bandages and tourniquets. 

Then get some training (assuming you haven't got any).

Then you're into the realms of:

Chest Seals

Haemostatic Agents like Celox

OP Airways

One of my clubs is going to arrange first aid training for a number of members, which I have volunteered for, that was one of the reasons for improving my basic first aid kit.

The club is also going to purchase a number of first aid kits for the trained members to have available at the firing point/butts.