All my load development has been centred around Swiss powders, which is a bit of a bummer to say the least as availability seems to be virtually zero currently.

I have just messages RS through their web site, but given the RFDs don’t seem to have any idea when the RS drought might end I am not hopeful. 

I have spent a fortune on load development this year around bullets as the ones I have got used to disappear and one has to start again with another make that …. Disappears! 

times are seriously tough now and if RS is off the market for the foreseeable future then I need to find an alternative that will have a reliable supply. Vit is an obvious alternative, but seems expensive ? Though what isn’t? Lovex seems cheaper and I have started using D073.5 in my Lee Enfield, but that is hardly accurate with open sights 🤣 

I currently use RS40 in my .223, RS52 in the .308 and RS70 in the .300WM.

When possible I use Sierra TMKs, Hornady ELD-Ms and 167grn Lapua Scenas in the .308, though these have dried up lately.

Any thoughts on alternatives?

For 223 (with RS40 I'm assuming you load bullets around 68-70gn?), you have:

Alliant AR-Comp (very pricey!)

Alliant Re15 (bit slow burning depending on bullet weight and again pricey), and the now withdrawn (for the second time in my shooting lifetime!) Norma 2023-B (same thing as Re15) if you can find any still in stock and much cheaper than the Alliant alternative.

Norma 202 (same comments on availability as 203-B)

Lovex S060 (once known as Accurate Arms XMR-2015) another fast burner very close to RS40 in this respect

Lovex S062 (use in 223 depends on bullet weight, bit slow burning until 75gn or heavier)

Lovex D073.5 and  D073.6 ball powders

Hodgdon CFE-223 (ball powder)

Ramshot Exterminator, TAC, Wild Boar (ball powders)

Viht N135 / 140 / 540 (and N133 if lighter bullets than 65gn)

A new Winchester 'StaBALL range' ball powder just announced in the US. No loads or applications available yet, but will eventually get here. 'StaBALL Match'.

All of the above in 308 with lighter bullets. Add in Viht N150 / 550 with 167/168/175s (and N150 works with 155s too).

.300WM I'll let someone else comment.

• 3 weeks later...