PRS at Bisley by C2 Precision

JCalleja91

21 minutes ago, Charlts said:

Build it and they’ll come.

This is just it. Nail on head so to speak. 

Hat off to anyone that had the time and inclination to create and produce any of the ideas that have been muted. 

1 hour ago, brave Echo niner said:

My concern having looked at the NRL hunter rules and regulations would be the definition of what is a "hunting rifle".

I can speak for myself and a few others I stalk with in saying most of our "lightweight" rifles for woodland work are coming in at 13-15lb all in, with hill rifles ranging from 15-22lbs, this would mean by their definition most of us couldn't use our true stalking rifles due to being overweight with them?

To me the SIS Dynamic was a perfect mix where people can use anything they deem fit but were limited by practicality of carrying and overall fitness, it certainly made you consider what kit you actually need rather than just want?

I thoroughly enjoyed the dynamic and know from speaking to Helen and Marc they have big plans for it going forwards, pushing that alternative style of practical match. I will certainly be clearing my diary to shoot it! 

Ben

Ben, you and your heavy rifles 🤣 please see the stalking rifle thread on the stalking directory which I know how contributed to. Average weight about about 11lbs. 

As for the dynamic. I really can’t be arsed with a yomp and shoot like the dynamic.  If I wanted a walk and shoot I would go stalking. Long walks out a lot of people off and we need high numbers to make it financially worthwhile for event organisers. Like Ryan has highlighted these events rely on volunteer range officers and locations are hard to come by and cost. 

No harm with a huge target next to the little target for folk like me that just want to hit steel and have a craic. I like talking to folk on the range as much as I like shooting. It’s a social event as well. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not need a long walk and shoot 

Targets set in defined area that have to be acquired - all could be achieved in an area like Gardners, WMS : Orion or I guess the place in South Wales 

37 minutes ago, Ronin said:

You do not need a long walk and shoot 

Targets set in defined area that have to be acquired - all could be achieved in an area like Gardners, WMS : Orion or I guess the place in South Wales 

Absolutely, the WMS shoot attended a few years ago was the best of them. 

I’ll be honest ranging with my mil dot reticle doesn’t interest me now days either. It’s bad enough judging the wind, making a stable platform and pulling the trigger. No one really has the need to use a reticle to range and the real world. Especially under time constraints. 

Just a useful skill set that shouldn’t be overlooked 

UKD stages are fun and enhance performance of shooter focussing the fundamentals 

Well speak to them and tell them why you are suitably experienced...

Says it there in black and white.

" If you are using your full NRA membership to enter these events, please have prior agreement with C2 Precision that you have the experience to attend these matches."

Otherwise it's probably the same as everything else you shoot with the NRA and they want due diligence with safety completed before hand.

9 minutes ago, TSG said:

It does indeed. Having read the rest of this thread I was just looking for a ‘bite’ 😀

Ah... Good sport! I usually use Facebook for that though 😅

Albeit I have just seen someone saying that a morning shoot at Bisley has gone up to nearly £100...

So a whole days PRS shooting for £100 seems quite good value I guess.

5 minutes ago, TSG said:

I think it is good value, the thread  shows that people are keen to get involved in this sort of shooting and there have been a few attempts in the past. This may make you smile. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm4eYn5og0U/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

😄

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who's interested, I've started a Instagram and YouTube channel to document my journey into PRS (and probably other shooting too).

I would appreciate a few likes, follows, subs etc.

Insta: https://instagram.com/restdayshooting?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@restdayshooting

6 hours ago, JCalleja91 said:

For anyone who's interested, I've started a Instagram and YouTube channel to document my journey into PRS (and probably other shooting too).

I would appreciate a few likes, follows, subs etc.

Insta: https://instagram.com/restdayshooting?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@restdayshooting

Do we have to "join the club" to do this too

Yes. Or if you're an NRA Member with some experience already in PRS.

The training days are well run and once the basic safety things are covered there's plenty of positional shooting and usually a mini match.