RS52 load data ?

v-max

Hi got a 6.5x47 on 24” barrel which likes slower powders like N150 H4350 & RS60. I’m on RS60 for now but on this powder my best groups were down on starting loads of 38g-39g so not making use of powder. It’s maybe good for barrel & it shoots well for me with 123g eld-m bullets all I use with velocity of around 2710mv quite low but works. 

My main question is I’m playing with copper bullets & accuracy is great but performance on red deer poor the roe not so bad. I got RS52 also & was looking for any 47 owners using copper & same powder for data on 110g-120g copper bullets please. I have  Varget so got data & going to try tests with it but more to see if I boost velocity & bullet performance. As you know Varget is no more so either N540 or RS52 loads to start me off I don’t have N540 yet but looking at it as it do 22.250 also. I like RS powders but thinking going over to Vihtavuori as data a bit more I’m also thinking of dropping the 6,5x47 to go 6.5cm to get more velocity & jump up to 140g bullet for longer rage plinking as I get a good bit wind drift with 123g in 47. 

Nowt wrong with the x47 and heavy bullets. Some of the smallest 600m and 1000m groups were done with the 140s. 
There are some who use 147s.

But, you need a slooow burning powder AND long barrel length to reap the benefits. 24” imho is just too short for the heavies.

I’ve had several x47s over the years, and still have a 26” Bartlein for my Defiance switch barrel and a 26” proof on another gun. I’ve found all barrels have worked well with 123g Scenars and N140 or RS52 and 139g Scenars with SO70 or RS62. 

It’s true the 6.5cm has a bit more capacity…but it operates at a lower pressure than the x47…so it sort of evens out I think. If you have a decent barrel length and use well stoked loads of appropriate slower burning powders with heavy bullets, the x47 will do anything you ask of it.

Hi yes I get on with 123g & 130g lead stuff with my slower powder in N150 & what I used to use H4350 but no more. The RS60 is 38g-39g with everything I try. If I push it to 40g-41g groups are crap & my accuracy with 123g eld m & RS60 at 38.5g is 1/4” at 100m. My barrel hates faster powder  but holds 3/4” fine hence I wish to try with copper bullets for deer work & try boost velocity. I don’t want anymore barrel than 24” for stalking Scottish hill etc stalking its not for me & my copper on red deer so far with 6;5x47 has been poor if I’m honest so I’m looking to see if anyone using RS52 & copper bullets & what they load is & velocity etc as I find it poor what I’m on now.