Long Range Rimfire Club Autumn Open

jcampbellsmith

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, martin_b said:

I quite fancy giving this a go, but is it possible with just an 20/30MOA scope rail or do you need an expensive adjustable one?

I tried adjustable rings first when I shot at 300 yards. Worked ok, but a fair bit of work and test firing to set up for one specific range. Then I tried a budget adjustable rail and didn't like it. Then I got a MOAB that cost nearly as much as the second hand CZ. 

The MOAB allows me to practice at 100 or 200, then crank up the elevation to further out on a range. 

Regards 

JCS 

1 minute ago, jcampbellsmith said:

I tried adjustable rings first when I shot at 300 yards. Worked ok, but a fair bit of work and test firing to set up for one specific range. Then I tried a budget adjustable rail and didn't like it. Then I got a MOAB that cost nearly as much as the second hand CZ. 

The MOAB allows me to practice at 100 or 200, then crank up the elevation to further out on a range. 

Regards 

JCS 

Ive got a CZ457 I'd only use for Long range, and I'm not a competitive person, so with hold over I guess  the idea is to work out the minimum range I need to shoot, (100y) and find a sloped rail that allows me to do that and hope the scope can cope with 500y.