6mm br advice

stephentri

My wife and I both shoot International  ISSF 300 mt, from Keppeler  6mmBR actions, Bartlein 1 in 8 twist 690 mm Bartlein barrel,   using Sierra 107 gn MK's with Viht 540 powder, and BR primers, she, with top level results.

Best of Luck

Robin

had a 6mm br built end of  last year , 1=8 krieger barrel ,barnard action .26" barrel . was told by a top shooter at bisley , use 107g sierra , used , shot well 600yds , changed to a 105g vld berger ,with 33g rs60 . have not looked back , shoots brillliant. 

but ,cannot get anymore rs60 or 52 till at least middle of 2024 , so am looking myself for replacement powder 

3 hours ago, johnt said:

ut ,cannot get anymore rs60 or 52 till at least middle of 2024 , so am looking myself for replacement powder 

Reloading UK put emails out a few weeks back of deliveries of both powders being due and advised immediate ordering due to likely demand. Its website now shows them out of stock again, but as "estimated in stock 23.01.2023".

https://www.reloading.co.uk/powder?p=13

Pricey compared to Viht powders though!

10 hours ago, RobinC said:

My wife and I both shoot International  ISSF 300 mt, from Keppeler  6mmBR actions, Bartlein 1 in 8 twist 690 mm Bartlein barrel,   using Sierra 107 gn MK's with Viht 540 powder, and BR primers, she, with top level results.

Best of Luck

Robin

Thanks 👍 

• 1 month later...

I'm presently shooting 6BR from a 24" 8 twist barrel using 31 grains of RS 52 with 105 Scenar's.......speed is around 2850fps.

Pete