I feel like spoiling myself/upgrading my electric powder dispenser. Which one???

chaz

Hi Folk!

As above really, I intend on upgrading my powder dispenser. I've kind of made my mind up on a Lyman

GEN 6 Compact, good reviews....

Does anyone else use one, and if so what do you think about them, compared to my current Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge. Works great just feel like a change....

Any constructive advice appreciated...

Chaz.

Ive had one for about a year, so much better than the Lee precision it replaced. a couple of points to watch out for.

It does over-throw every so often, 0.1g usually, but its accurate enough for me as a fun shooter.

Its fine with RS62 but powders with bigger kernels like N570 can get stuck in the despensing tube. (a toothpick will fix!)

I have an anti static wrist wrist strap round the hopper to stop the powder sticking.

Cleaning is a bit of a faf, but a small price to pay,

Always check the cleaning hatch is closed before you start your next session

RCBS Chargemaster Combo - every time.

It's a bit like wishing you had a ferrari but only bought a jag. If only I'd waited.......

The Chargemaster is fabulous and makes reloading a joy. Easy to set up (check out the McDonalds drinking straw tweak - and other tweaks - on YouTube) and in 10 years time it will still be worth what you paid for it. 

It's probably the lack of an electronic powder charger that's making you fed up with loading for .223 (as in your other thread?).