Regulators - Is it worth buying one for my .25 Cal FAC Daystate Air Ranger.??

chaz

Hi folks,

As above, I'm thinking of fitting a regulator to my Daystate Air Ranger FAC in .25 calibre. At the moment I only fill to the sweet spot to get as many accurate shots as I can before the velocity drops and accuracy also drops. Which isn't a lot in a 44 ft/lbs gun... Although I forget how many to be honest, apart from I'd like a few more.... I know I can lower the power with lighter slugs/pellets and bushings, to ease the load on the spring....

What I'd like to know is, If I fitted, or had fitted, a regulator, would I get many more shots, and would I get a really good flat (ish) power curve until the air dropped dramatically, compared to now at 35 ft/lbs....??

Bearing in mind, that it's a .25 calibre, would I end up with a poor flat trajectory, If I went ahead with a regulator, but dropped the power to around 35 ft/lbs?

Any constructive device appreciated,

Cheers.

Chaz.

How old is it ,there are much easier guns to have at high power fac air .

I have a Fx impact and in .22 I can run at 70 ftlb or over 100 in .30 

the rapids are good and cheap I also have a raw . 54 ftlb in .22 

Not sure about others, but Lane Regulators do sell one for the Air Ranger, but it's an external type. The only negative is that it extends out, and as such pushes the air bottle out by around 1 1/2".