Lee Enfield No4 Mk2 zero .

5 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

There is a foresight tool (glorified thick metal wire with notch cut in it) which loosens the blade, allowing you to shimmy the blade left or right to account for windage. You do it once, set and forget.

I have a tool to adjust the foresight blade block. It's adjusted to the left so that the barrel block and foresight block are flush . If I adjust any further it will look really odd and be noticeably off centre with the guard when aiming .

The foresight blade is designed to me moved left and right of centre. Whilst not flush might not appear pleasing to the eye it might solve your shooting left dilemma.

Adjust the foresight into the error, rear sight out.

Try getting someone else to shoot it to confirm or eliminate user error.

Have you eliminated bent barrel, over/under turned barrel, damaged front sight, damaged rear sight and very importantly and probably the cause, the bedding?

9 minutes ago, Twodogs said:

The foresight blade is designed to me moved left and right of centre. Whilst not flush might not appear pleasing to the eye it might solve your shooting left dilemma.

Adjust the foresight into the error, rear sight out.

Try getting someone else to shoot it to confirm or eliminate user error.

Have you eliminated bent barrel, over/under turned barrel, damaged front sight, damaged rear sight and very importantly and probably the cause, the bedding?

I attended a LERA shoot last Sunday the Overlord match . My first detail was not to good . I adjusted the foresight left and the second detail was much better .

Today I shot off a bench on a large sandbag . After a few rounds I adjusted left ( into the error ) , between a quarter and a half turn .

The photo is the result. If i apply pressure to the barrel left and right , there is definitely more movement right before it centres again .

I think you are possibly right , the bedding is probably slightly out . It's not much and if I remember to always aim centre or a smidge right it shouldn't be far off . 

I may give the block another quarter of a turn left . I will test out in the open under daylight conditions first .

I'm at Bisley on the 2nd and 3rd of July , falling plates and Methuen. Just want to give myself a fighting chance 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 4:03 PM, Frederick said:

If I adjust any further it will look really odd and be noticeably off centre with the guard when aiming .

Frederick the vast majority of No.4 foresight blades are often way off centre; I speak as a LERA member of 20 plus years so have seen and adjusted a far few of them.  

I would give it a tweak before tomorrows practice as you really want it sorted for Sundays Methuen...see you there! 😉

On 7/1/2022 at 9:42 PM, Strangely Brown said:

Frederick the vast majority of No.4 foresight blades are often way off centre; I speak as a LERA member of 20 plus years so have seen and adjusted a far few of them.  

I would give it a tweak before tomorrows practice as you really want it sorted for Sundays Methuen...see you there! 😉

Thanks by the way 😀