Landmarc - is anyone shooting at a Silver Mountain Target or a ShotMarker Target on the ranges they manage?

As above, has any club persuaded Landmarc to allow them to shoot at an electronic target on a Landmarc managed range? I ask the question as my club was shooting at Castlelaw last night and we are very keen to use electronic targets, but are struggling to get through the bureaucracy.

Anyone succeeded?

Thanks

JCS

Our club has used our silver mountain system a few times that I know of.

Not sure what was involved as I don’t deal with it but I think the organisers just asked during the pre shoot meeting got the ok then. 

4 minutes ago, sean c said:

Our club has used our silver mountain system a few times that I know of.

Not sure what was involved as I don’t deal with it but I think the organisers just asked during the pre shoot meeting got the ok then. 

Sean

Thanks for the quick reply. Which range are you shooting on?

Best regards

JCS

Beckingham. 

I’m not sure what the deal is with mounting the sensors etc, the lads who go may have made a separate sub frame to hold the target and sensors. 

As I said I don’t deal with those bookings and I don’t shoot there but the reports I get back do say the admin and management team are fairly easy to deal with. 

I would guess that if you were allowed to use a Shotmarker or similar Electronic Target then you would not be allowed to have anyone in the Butts incase a sensor was struck by a stray bullet which then shattered the sensor and spread debris into the Markers Gallery.

Its always easier for them to say no that do the work required to properly risk assess something different that's not driven by a MoD requirement.

It isn't mandatory for either shooters or markers, at least on the ranges I shoot on, although I've noticed more and more shooters deciding to make use of eye protection.