Recommend me a Straight Pull .223 AR type rifle

wombat120

Hi,

I'm a bit out of touch as to what is available these days, having had a Southern Gun AR15 years ago with the horrible high rise upper.

Just wondering what is available these days to the UK shooter, looking for a 18 to 20" barrel, 8" twist, right hand cocking, full length picatinny handguard, 223 Wylde chamber.

Looking to avoid anything that's painted (everything I've seen so far!), or where the upper and lower receivers don't actually line up or have a visible air gap between the 2 halves lol, things that the Americans wouldn't tolerate from their AR's

Many thanks.

7 hours ago, wombat120 said:

Hi,

Looking to avoid anything that's painted (everything I've seen so far!), or where the upper and lower receivers don't actually line up or have a visible air gap between the 2 halves lol, things that the Americans wouldn't tolerate from their AR's

Many thanks.

So you want anodised ? personally Cerakote in my opinion is better , As for the air gap unfortunatly thats milspec for you  .

I have a Vakyrie 223 built as i wanted it for with lots of advice from Dave 

Just ordered a 22lr one  (a bit different )  and he built my AK 

Does that make me a fan ???

Seriously my background is as a toolmaker and i like what i see in his workshop and his customer service

so he gets my cash ...

LMT are the highest end factory rifles available here, I think. The brand of choice for many discerning civilian and uniformed buyers, including the British military. 

To be honest, as long you use a quality barrel with a good fit to the upper receiver, a free float handguard, and a good trigger, you should have a very accurate rifle.

Ive just received a Raven, full billet, trick trigger, fit and finish is pretty much spot on, full Ambi controls, choice of cockers, 

Perfect laser engraving, shoots perfect.

its an AR not a F class gun FFS...........................

There's no beating Dave's builds. Not cheap but paying for quality. Seems he favours sassen barrels, aero uppers and lowers, triggertech triggers and any shade of paint you can imagine. His workshop is a shooting wet dream

2 hours ago, Bledd said:

There's no beating Dave's builds. Not cheap but paying for quality. Seems he favours sassen barrels, aero uppers and lowers, triggertech triggers and any shade of paint you can imagine. His workshop is a shooting wet dream

his teas not bad either