Does anyone know Fifty_seven?

pbear94

Hi all

Does anyone know Fifty_seven? Bought a scope off him and all has gone quiet. A few emails and messages later and still not heard anything. I appreciate that he may be busy or away so giving him the benefit of the doubt. If anyone does know him could you give him a nod to get in touch please.

Cheers

I really hate to tell you this, but he’s a scammer. I know that’ll be bad news for you ☹️

He tried to sell me a rifle so I asked to see a copy of his FAC before I sent any money and he sent me a blatantly fake imagine, and I found the photographs of the rifle he was trying to sell me on an American website. 

I did report him to the admin, and this was about 2 weeks ago now. 

I’m really sorry if I’m the bearer of bad news 😢 

6 hours ago, pbear94 said:

Thanks for confirming it. I'm glad I paid with PayPal so I had some come back.

Cheers

Ah I’m so glad to hear this. I know most of the time we send through as friends/family to avoid fees, but obviously this also negates a lot of the protection. I know I’m guilty of that.

Hope it all works out for you mate 🙏🏼 

18 hours ago, BlackRat said:

Ah I’m so glad to hear this. I know most of the time we send through as friends/family to avoid fees, but obviously this also negates a lot of the protection. I know I’m guilty of that.

Hope it all works out for you mate 🙏🏼 

Cheers. On with PayPal now so hopefully they will sort it.

3 hours ago, Shuggy said:

It’s very interesting to read the scammer’s post history. He clearly took some effort to post just enough apparently knowledgeable posts to appear plausible. Please take care everyone!

That’s what I thought. It was only after the sus images he sent, I realised that they were all posted over about 2 days, but good English and comments commensurate with the topics. A LOT of effort for a scammer!