6.5x47L n150 any good?

foxpig

Has anyone had any success with the following powder in 6.5x47 especially when using the 130gr tmk or 130gr hybrid ? I've run out of my go to powder and can't get any . So want to stick to a vhit powder if possible.  I've tried n550 and it just dosent wanna shoot. 

If you've had success with n150 at all please give me some help on a start load. Or possible velocities.  Or am I wasting my time. Cheers

19 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Screenshot_20220523-151736_Chrome.jpg

Thank you deffianlty not worth trying then. 

I can't bealive the velocities stated are so low. I know for a fact that the n550 velocities in that chart are 200fps off real life. Anyway I'll keep searching .

3 hours ago, foxpig said:

Thank you deffianlty not worth trying then. 

I can't bealive the velocities stated are so low. I know for a fact that the n550 velocities in that chart are 200fps off real life. Anyway I'll keep searching .

Work up and find out what you can get..

Back a few years ago I tried a viht load stated in there load data in my 6.5x47 with N540 and maybe 123gr amaxs and it was hot as and well exceeded the velocity shown. 

Went for aplay today. Found some nice nodes , 36.2 , 37.4 37.5 ,and 37.9 38.38.1 good es and sd with top end velocity being 2899 , didn't feel the need to go any higher. Just need to do bto at range and sorted. Thanks for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...