UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Hi any one know if a Schmidt & Bender dealer?  Noticed it’s near on impossible getting a PM2 at the moment & don’t get why. 

looking at the new 6-36x56 or 5-20x50

Would a ZCO or NF be a better option 

Optics warehouse have a ZC 5-27x56 in stock with free spuhr 36 mm high mounts . It’s got anti-clockwise for up in mils to a total of 36 . Looks good 

nightforce atacr would be your other option. 

2 hours ago, Shooter_762 said:

Hi any one know if a Schmidt & Bender dealer?  Noticed it’s near on impossible getting a PM2 at the moment & don’t get why. 

looking at the new 6-36x56 or 5-20x50

Would a ZCO or NF be a better option 

I have a ZCO 527 had to send first one back.  (had only 100 rounds Under it).

And will be having to send 2nd one back too. (different faults) But still faults. 

Optics trade eu have s and b but all 1 month or more . I had to wait a while when ordering my 3-27 x 56 s and b from York guns . Try sporting services they’re very helpful . Do lots of research regarding clicks  and adjustment you might need and also there’s now some much nicer reticles. Ever thought of March scopes ??

1 hour ago, English Rifleman said:

I have a ZCO 527 had to send first one back.  (had only 100 rounds Under it).

And will be having to send 2nd one back too. (different faults) But still faults. 

Are you kidding me. Why you having to send them back? This isn’t sounding very convincing for a £3760 optic 

1 hour ago, Richiew said:

Optics trade eu have s and b but all 1 month or more . I had to wait a while when ordering my 3-27 x 56 s and b from York guns . Try sporting services they’re very helpful . Do lots of research regarding clicks  and adjustment you might need and also there’s now some much nicer reticles. Ever thought of March scopes ??

Great thanks I will investigate tomorrow. I want something nice and tactical to go on my new Ai MK3 coming end of the month. Don’t really like March. 

3 minutes ago, Shooter_762 said:

Are you kidding me. Why you having to send them back? This isn’t sounding very convincing for a £3760 optic 

No I am not impressed at all.

1st one something came loose inside and Ret was not horizontal anymore, and got worse each shot fired.

After massive feet stamping Op Warehouse, got supplier to send replacement rather than wait weeks for repair.

2nd one as it was delivered the paralax adjust is "bindy" and does not seem to focus 1000yds very well, but worse the glass apears to be "Cloudy",  not impressed for the price.

16 minutes ago, English Rifleman said:

1st one something came loose inside and Ret was not horizontal anymore, and got worse each shot fired.

After massive feet stamping Op Warehouse, got supplier to send replacement rather than wait weeks for repair.

2nd one as it was delivered the paralax adjust is "bindy" and does not seem to focus 1000yds very well, but worse the glass apears to be "Cloudy",  not impressed for the price.

Wow!! . Just hearing this and recently reading a few US comments I think I’m going to spend my money on a more robust & established company now instead. 

Hope you get it sorted! 

S and b 3-27x56 has turret not quite in the middle so it mounts very far forward on my AT as per picture below . Newer low profile turrets are central as far as pictures show . Nice with the 36x magnification .

50CD602D-BB3B-4DEA-B41E-ACF028B089AE.jpeg

21 hours ago, English Rifleman said:

Sorry to here about your optics ZCO ,I've  used SCHMIDTS predominantly  for the last twenty odd years, never had your kind of faults with any of my scopes -Must be a be a bad batch,!!?

1 hour ago, lee w 118 said:

Sorry to here about your optics ZCO ,I've  used SCHMIDTS predominantly  for the last twenty odd years, never had your kind of faults with any of my scopes -Must be a be a bad batch,!!?

For that sorta money there shouldn’t be any issue arising one bit! I love S&B. Then again I’m very fond of my NF beast 

just think an AI deserves a Schmidt lol

Defo go s&b then . I prefer the locking turrets with the tactile clicks in clockwise for up . Models with the alloy zoom control feel more sturdy too . MSR2 or the new longrange reticle would be top choices . Or try the horus type if you don’t want to dial every distance. Worth the wait . I’ve got one hi power and two ultra short 5-20 x50’s . Love em . Would have tried the kahles 3-18x50  as a viable option but stuck with the Schmidt.