UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

After spending a lot of time and let's be honest finding food that my .223 likes, I settled on 69gr TMKs and was averaging 0.5 MOA even in my hands. Happy daze .... er until I wanted some more 😝 I must have checked every web site in the western world and telephoned eleventy billion suppliers and discovered that platinum plated unicorn turds are more plentiful. I even emailed Sierra and much to my surprise they emailed back to say that not even they have any and aren't planning to switch on the machine to make 'em for quite a while. FML

If I wanted crap human killing ammo, I can buy it by the bucket load, but I just want to make dainty little holes in paper a long way away.

My rifle is a CZ 527 Varmint in a Form Rifle stock and I like to shoot it at 600 metres on less windy days. I don't think anything lighter than 69gr is going to be any good at 600, but I also have the opportunity to shoot at 300 & 400 at Bulford. Can anyone recommend anything that would be reasonably accurate at three/four hundred? I know from experience that I need to get loads of what ever I will use as it is very fussy and will need several hundred weight of lead before it accepts it's load :)    

I'm assuming that no one on here has a massive stash of 69gr TMKs that are desperate to find a new home for 🤣 

Same here..... Can't find any 69 grain TMK anywhere!!

I’ve moved to SMK’s Ralph as couldn’t get TMK’s either. I have a couple of hundred left but not convinced I’ll pick up any more.

Lapua Scenars might be an alternative but not tried yet to source any.

Not to be found in the USA either, I don't look very often but seen none for at least a year. Wonder where they all went, for that matter the other reloading supplies claimed to be made at record pace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, KABOOM said:

Not to be found in the USA either, I don't look very often but seen none for at least a year. Wonder where they all went, for that matter the other reloading supplies claimed to be made at record pace.

Interestingly, Midway USA lists them as "Out of Stock, No back Order" so they are either over the distant horizon, manufacturing -wise, or they are not going to be made.  I use Nosler Custom Competition.~ Andrew