MME bullets

Akeld

Hi Akeld,

I'm on the journey doing load development at the moment for target shooting so can't report performance per se, however, I can say they are very consistent and from a service perspective Pete is really excellent to deal with (cant rate him high enough).

Check his site for game bullets.

http://www.mmeriflebullets.co.uk/

HTH

G🙂

I don’t have any experience of use on game but for target shooting they were very consistent and easy to tune (jump tolerant). For the Wimbledon Match 155 Peter told me to use Sierra 155 SMK data and the load was very similar to my SMK go to. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy more. 

Now thinking of using them in my 6.5 creed. 

Pigsy

Peter is a really nice chap. I’ve had plenty of his 30cal Wimbledon Match bullets, mostly in 190-210gn guise.

These are excellent bullets that are similar, but I fancy better, to the Sierra Matchking.

The 3x types of target bullet include Wimbledon Match, Mistrel (a Hybrid bullet) and Mistrel-T (tipped Hybrid). I personally wouldn’t use them on game, as they’re a FMJ and will pinhole wound…like a Sierra MK or Lapua Scenar would.

He does a bunch of game bullets (soft points) but not used any of these. But going by the quality of the match bullets, I’d think they are probably very good!

All the MME bullets we've tried work very well: there is an example group of .338 Lapua we shot displayed on the MME web site. Peter, who makes them, is very helpful and can tweak them according to your needs in most cases. The Wimbledon Match and Chilcotin bullets are excellent value and our 'go to' bullets for every day use. The tipped bullets are superb for long range. 

19 minutes ago, meles meles said:

All the MME bullets we've tried work very well: there is an example group of .338 Lapua we shot displayed on the MME web site. Peter, who makes them, is very helpful and can tweak them according to your needs in most cases. The Wimbledon Match and Chilcotin bullets are excellent value and our 'go to' bullets for every day use. The tipped bullets are superb for long range. 

Have you tried the .338 300gr at a mile ?  I use 285 ELD-M with some success and I thought I may try the A-Tip but MME could be a home-grown alternative

• 4 months later...