Moderator for AI Tactical Muzzle Brake

Hi folks. I'm looking for a moderator that fits the Accuracy International tactical muzzle brake.

Choices seem to be very limited. From a five year old thread on here, I have only found the following so far:

• Accuracy International moderator - Made from aluminium, there are reports it's not durable enough.
  • One Less Charlie - Steel, but seems to no longer be available.
  • Lawrence Precision - Titanium machined.
  • Oceania Defence - Titanium 3D printed, light, high cost, high performance(?)

Anyone have any further advice for a mod for this brake? Thanks.

38177_3041.jpg

Hi there 

I have been using the AI Mod for over 6 years and it still looks like brand new there’s a bit of corrosion on the first baffle but that’s all. Make sure that the mod you buy is compatible with a left hand 18x1.5 mm thread . Normal right hand mods will not fit the brake but will fit the barrel threads. 
cheers 

What do you want it to do? Most effective at sound reduction, or moderate the noise of the shot to an acceptable level and be lightweight, or last forever? 

Also, are you in a rush? I’m helping out with a new moderator design and our plan is to have them available for the AI tactical brake. Not sure on a timeframe though.

36 minutes ago, Timbo1963 said:

Sporting services do a couple, A-TEC Marksman looks good but expensive, they also have a MAE that’s aluminium.

MAE is all steel, not aluminium. I’ve got one of their Compact BL mods which I use on a .300wm AW with the older single port tactical brake, and it is fab!

11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What do you want it to do? Most effective at sound reduction, or moderate the noise of the shot to an acceptable level and be lightweight, or last forever? 

Also, are you in a rush? I’m helping out with a new moderator design and our plan is to have them available for the AI tactical brake. Not sure on a timeframe though.

I'm mostly looking for good attenuation, durability and low weight, roughly in that order. I was considering the Oceania Defence as it seems to be the 'best' on paper. I am not in any great rush, probably within the coming few months.

I think that I probably contributed to that thread 5 years ago! I think that the one new choice since then would be the A-Tec Marksman. However, I went with the AI design back then and have been very satisfied with it. 

The AI over brake moderator design is really very good. However, you do need to keep the mating surfaces clean and coated with an appropriate high temperature grease. We had another good thread on that where Baldie shared some useful advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:44 PM, Shooter_762 said:

I’ve just received an Oceania Defence .338 suppressor & im very happy with the overall fit & finish. Not the cheapest. Very very light mind 

8EABA607-36AF-4EA9-BDC9-9BAD90E1B83E.jpeg

DC113CD4-1688-460D-8C4D-1B220E69E357.jpeg

Very nice. Have you had chance to try it out? If so, what do you think about the performance?

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 2:52 PM, Shooter_762 said:

Not yet. I’m awaiting my AX MK111 to try it on but I’ve been told it’s ready in mid may. I will post pics & my comments then

Got your AX yet? How's the Oceania mod working out? I'm thinking about getting one but there aren't many reviews. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Shooter_762 said:

Yep.. I’ve got the AXMK3. What a rifle!! The suppressor is a work of art! Amazingly quiet & super quiet too & of course very light! Fit and finished is superb! My mates often comment on how quiet it is. There not cheap but well worth it. 

32986CC8-FADD-4110-9698-A696BD6BCCD6.jpeg

Brilliant! Thanks for the update. Any thoughts on durability? I've heard they perform well, but perhaps don't last (baffles blowing out). Appreciate your opinion before I drop serious cash!