AR10 build

Biathlonjimmy

Good Afternoon,

I am looking for options for a .308 straight pull and where to start. Initial searches show options with a LMT or Southern Gun Co. Speedmaster.

Are the other places/smiths who you would recommend consulting to build an AR10 based rifle? I would also like some advice on barrel length.

To be used predominantly for target work to 500yds with occasional woodland deer management. 

Many thanks,

J

• 1 month later...

308 ARs tend to be a bit on the heavy and potentially big side and being a hybrid system you can experience issues with primary extraction (unsticking the case from the chamber) an issue exacerbated by ammunition quality, or the lack of it. Yes Valkyrie does some good work, but I'd also say speak to Southern Gun Co too, as they have probably made more AR10-types than any other and have the most experience. Not sure if they still exist, but you could also see if anyone brings in LMT who made the Civilian Version of L129A1TM  MOD “Sharpshooter” rifle. Shot that and it works pretty well, try firingsolutions.co.uk.