CZ 457 LRP

Thinking of getting one of the above,but was tempted on the CZ 457 MTR, what put me off was the stock on the MTR, i know the MTR has a match barrel,but does that make a lot of difference,would like your thoughts on it.If this is in the wrong section i apologise.

Thanks in advance

I have the MTR and not LRP. As for looks then i agree the stock is a personal taste and quite ugly. After trying it - it makes sense and it works. The same could be said about the LRP stock and i have opted for an MDT LSS that goes well with the 16" barrel. Both have match barrels, i like the fluting on LRP but only available as 20". No idea if match barrel any better than standard barrel - how good does it need to be? No calibre stated in post so guess .22lr so I should say mine is .17hmr and not a 'match' as no such thing but it is a tighter chamber than T1X and sako quad and only .17hmr i have not had a split case yet. Going off topic my theory is split cases in .17HMR are caused by large chambers and not ammunition quality.

Every one with an LRP is happy with it so must be OK.    

• 5 months later...

I got the AT-One version with the heavy match barrel but I quickly swapped the stock as it was too small.  Works really well with the Form stock instead and looks very pretty.  The LRP was just too ugly for me.

Anyway, you can see the size comparison below.  In any version, it's a lovely accurate rifle.

image.thumb.jpeg.4379fc91e3c2f903ec0bc1a494beb58e.jpeg

On 3/19/2022 at 7:52 AM, Jeffo1960 said:

What piccatinny rail base is the  best, is Area 419 rail worth the extra cost, over the rails with the set screws on top

Ordered up a REED CZ457 11mm Standard Rail 0MOA Picatinny Rail from Optics Warehouse. Not saying that it's best, but it goes on easily and works.

Regards

JCS

On 3/19/2022 at 7:52 AM, Jeffo1960 said:

What picatinny rail base is the best, is Area 419 rail worth the extra cost, over the rails with the set screws on top

I have several A419 picatinny rails, on Tikka's and a 457 - their stuff never disappoints. The 30MOA built into the picatinny rails on the .22's are a useful elevation addition for longer range rimfire. I forget how far I can dial on my Tikka, I think the Recon has 120MOA of elevation...