MOD ammo Ban

newsatten

1 hour ago, Roy W said:

I think they get the firer to shoot them through the chrono whilst they are there, otherwise they'd ned all manner of firearms to use.

The NRA is an RFD so they could be acting as servants.

Having spoken to someone who used to shoot F class, he said there are some who put the HME boundaries all the time.

In practical pistol back in the 80's/90's competitors were  'dope tested' during the comps, at random, to check their ammo complied with their claimed 'Major' factor classification.

they have been doing this at large CPSA events and championships for years , its about time the rest caught up . 

I for one am fed up with being stuck next to some 🐓sucker who does not understand the boundaries of there homeloads/calibre  .bring it on I say 👍

I have seen it twice at two different events and there were both banned immediately, but it’s always too late after it’s happened . I watched one chap actually opening his bolt  with a rubber mallet . He was gone inside 2 mins . But as I say it’s always too late after it’s happened. 

I was a little concerned that the NRA survey asked a yes/no question  "do you assemble to CIP/SAAMI specifications?" and the answer to that could be interpreted wrongly if not qualified by why not.  I load longer than the COAL spec so the truthful answer is "no"  but I never exceed velocity/energy, pressures or headspace so its a potentially misleading answer.

I intend to follow up with the NRA.

6 minutes ago, John MH said:

The NRA are not SQEP to make any assessments about Hand Loaded Ammunition.

IMHO I'm not sure that's the case and it is rather moot if the rules at Bisley are such as they appear to be.

It doesn't take letters after the name to calculate if a tested round exceeds energy due to velocity and projectile mass

32 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

IMHO I'm not sure that's the case and it is rather moot if the rules at Bisley are such as they appear to be.

It doesn't take letters after the name to calculate if a tested round exceeds energy due to velocity and projectile mass

Muzzel Energy calculation is easy and does not require any specific SQEP, you just need a bullet weight and the velocity.

For all other issues associated with the testing of ammunition, and particularly Home Loaded Ammunition the NRA are not SQEP.

Exceeding HME Limits for the Range does not mean the ammunition is not safe and is potentially going to cause a catastrophic firearm failure.

7 minutes ago, John MH said:

Muzzel Energy calculation is easy and does not require any specific SQEP, you just need a bullet weight and the velocity.

For all other issues associated with the testing of ammunition, and particularly Home Loaded Ammunition the NRA are not SQEP.

Exceeding HME Limits for the Range does not mean the ammunition is not safe and is potentially going to cause a catastrophic firearm failure.

Agreed but exceeding HME limits is an 'offence' unless HME zeroing process is done so could result in sanctions.

There are two issues here;  safety of the round in the chamber and the energy of the bullet leaving the muzzle.

2 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

Agreed but exceeding HME limits is an 'offence' unless HME zeroing process is done so could result in sanctions.

There are two issues here;  safety of the round in the chamber and the energy of the bullet leaving the muzzle.

Separate issues, any talk about 'Ammo Bans' related to using Home Loaded Ammunition is not about ME its about people blowing up guns.

ME limits apply to all MoD Ranges, don't breach them with Factory or Home Loaded Ammunition.