Henry Big Boy H006 - outer mag tube removal/replacement?

phaedra1106uk

Anyone know how to remove/replace a Henry Big Boy (H006) outer mag tube?

Mine has developed a split where the inner tube locks into place.

I contacted Henry and they offered to send the parts to Viking Arms for repair under warranty.

Viking have been in touch and say it will require a new barrel, outer mag tube, inner mag tube, gunsmithing and re-proofing of the rifle and it will cost me, along with carriage/RFD charges of course!

From what I can find online (not a lot) the tube is in no way connected to the barrel and is held in place (in the receiver) with a simple push pin or screw.

Given that Viking are the UK importers I'm surprised they don't know that.

Photo attached showing the splits, I may see if I can just get it welded or even epoxied.

IMG_20220210_200055441.jpg

• phaedra1106uk changed the title to Henry Big Boy H006 - outer mag tube removal/replacement?

So, just had another email from Henry.

The reason for the new barrel is because they don't have stock of the older type mag tubes.

The new ones have a different fitting system so require a new type barrel and fitting.

Looking at the Henry videos the mag tube is held by a single screw under the trigger plate so a diassembly/reassembly required to get to it.

I'll take my tube out and see if I can repair it, either epoxy some heatshrink or try and get a metal sleeve to go over it (17mm i/d)