Bedding a Picatinny rail for bipod

I have a synthetic stock with a soft rubber coating (Mauser M12 Impact).
Also got a Picattini bipod rail which, due to the curvature of the stock fore end, is not quite a perfect fit. 
I'm thinking of bedding the rail but do not at any cost want the bedding to stick to the rubber coating.
I know shoe polish, wax, oil, etc can be used, but could cling film tightly stretched on the stock do the job?
Has anyone tried it?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Geezedtee said:

I have a synthetic stock with a soft rubber coating (Mauser M12 Impact).
Also got a Picattini bipod rail which, due to the curvature of the stock fore end, is not quite a perfect fit. 
I'm thinking of bedding the rail but do not at any cost want the bedding to stick to the rubber coating.
I know shoe polish, wax, oil, etc can be used, but could cling film tightly stretched on the stock do the job?
Has anyone tried it?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Yes to cling film, done it on a wooden project and it worked just nice.  Use a few layers as it's quite fragile.

An alternative if you don't mind a faff is to make a cast in Plaster of Paris (with cling film) that can be easily washed off should accidents happen.  You can then cast a buck (replicates your stock) and bed to that.