British Shooting Show

ds1

If anyone is going please stop by our stand Czech Tactical Pursuits, (we should be somewhere near the AI stand) for a chat. Craig, Derek and myself will be on the stand - hopefully Derek will have his cz457 chassis too.

How are the fees they're charging you guys?  The entrance fees are ridiculous especially adding in charges for car parking.

A basic 3mx3m stand cost about £2k with electricity supply, but not 13 amp - for a kettle……that would be about £300 extra. There are other cost, insurance, PAT testing not to mention parking, food and accommodation. I’ve  budgeted £4 k for this event.

Compared to the IWA, ( not advertising there) it’s small change though. 

I was also going with my mate..he was very keen to go.,
I've told him that although we can afford to pay the New Totally Rop off price taking into Parking.
I've convinced him we are Defo BOYCOTTING it !!

15 hours ago, maxtich said:
I was also going with my mate..he was very keen to go.,
I've told him that although we can afford to pay the New Totally Rop off price taking into Parking.
I've convinced him we are Defo BOYCOTTING it !!

Ditto here.

I went to the Target Shooting Show at Stoneleigh last autumn instead. Had a great day. Will go again.

I don't like the NEC much, having been to all the BSS's since the second one at Newark. Stoneleigh is nicest for me. The price of tickets for BSS and then charging for parking on top of that made it a no-go for me.

I found that the Target Shooting Show was much more focussed on what interests me, although it was alot smaller. 

Triffid

I'm going but it hurts.  Fill the car up so parking isn't too much of a gouge on the wallet.

I agree Stoneleigh, a few years ago, was the best - plenty of small exhibiters

16 minutes ago, ds1 said:

I’m guessing the show organisers and the parking are two different entities. Oddly where we are staying it’s cheaper to park in the Airport car park than use the car park at the accommodation.

yes, NEC take the parking fee unless the organisers of a show build it into their ticket price (years gone by) and fund.

Maybe should have looked at the train as an alternative - too late now

Having been to both BSS and Target shooting show  and the Northern show  they really are different shows

if you want to see the big exibitors then its BSS or Northern

If you shoot shotgun then same again

Clothing as above

Target show is just that (not a bad thing mind ) but its practical based really ,alll the shotguns are mostly sec 1  there is a selection of airsoft and practical accesories .

you cant really compare  you wont see AI  Viking  (although Andy was around ) Sportsman Optics etc at the target show  or the large clothing stalls .

Maybe Northern (i believe they have been taken  over now )and BSS are pricing themselves out of the market for smaller independants ?

Apples and Oranges really