Accuracy International AW trigger advice

OSOK

I have a older AW which has the standard non adjustable trigger blade ... My question is that the distance from the blade to the front part of the thumb hole is only 65mm which has always been far too short for me . SS say that the competition trigger is £550 without blade and only moves 6mm which i feel sounds wrong ?

For years I've used the rifle by filling in part of the thumb hole around the grip to increase the distance from the trigger ...... I don't want to buy this trigger if my gain is only 6mm ...... Are there any other options to increase the hand pull length  ?

Do they do options for blades  ?

OSOK

Dave would be probably best placed to answer Greg but have you considered a trigger “shoe” attachment ?

Andy , I didn't know such a thing existed ... Are you talking about another blade or something to attach to my existing blade  ? ..... The curve on my existing trigger makes the situation worse for me ..... £550 without a blade seems high for only gaining 6mm however if there were a vertical blade then that might be an expensive solution . Dave has sent me a Whatsapp of the blades but I'll google attachments and see what comes up .... Thank you

Intershoot and other target orientated stores are likely to have them - the type I was thinking about would clamp over the existing blade using grub screws 

They used to be popular with the air rifle guys too (I’m talking late 80’s ) and now showing my age 

Having just looked at the trigger on one I have here for work I think that someone with a design flair and a printer could make a fillet piece that could be made to create a straight blade and move the surface of the “new blade” at least 10mm forwards of the original 

Comp trigger

Richard W on Dec 25, 2019

Thanks for sorting me out with the new trigger , absolutely love it straight out of the box . 1.25 pound pull first upto the second stage then pull a tiny bit more and it breaks with no overtravel . Very easy to fit just remove the pistol grip sides and take out the old trigger using an Allen key , and remember to reuse the plate to refit with the new trigger . Test trigger with the bolt to check all is ok and cock the bolt and give the rifle a bang on the floor to check it won’t go off prematurely . Groups have improved . Thanks to all at sporting services . Cheers Rich 

ReportThis was my review from sporting services web . Straight trigger sounds good too . Hope it all works out . 

7 hours ago, Richiew said:

From sporting services. Pricey but very good . Cheers 

image.jpg

Agreed, I bought one. Thought it was best to have it professionally installed, so I had mine fitted by baldie (Valkyrie Rifles) on here. Excellent service, not too expensive to be fitted (well worth the cost). 

Using the normal spring (not the lighter one) out of the box with no other adjustments made it was 1.75lb trigger pull.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the Trigger Issue .... It's not going to win any beauty award however it works so well and is a lot better than i thought it would turn out . Big Thanks to Gerald at Lodock gear for making it .

OSOK

IMG-4968.jpg

IMG-4962.jpg