So what mounts should I go for and from where??

chaz

Hi folks,

I want to upgrade my Leupold mounts, currently holding my Vortex Viper PST Gen II 30mm scope tube 6-24 X 50 mm to my Tikka T3 TAC A1 in 6.5 CM.

I was thinking I'd need high mounts??. Does anyone know if this is the case? I feel I was a little bit "fleeced" when I bought the rifle and scope to be honest. I was talked into having a "riser" and ended up with a very nice Apex 0 moa riser and a set of low/medium Leupold mounts. As the riser and mounts came to £170....With the benefit of hindsight and less feeling of being swept along in the excitement of the moment I would have bought a set of medium/high Picatinny Opti-Locks or similar.....

So does anyone know what the distance is from the Tikka TAC A1 rifles fixed picatinny rail is to the bottom of the 30mm scope tube. Whether that measurement is taken from the low point or high point of the Picatinny rail to the base of the scope it doesn't matter as long as you tell me.... I'd like the distance of the 30mm objective lens and the top of the picatinny rail (without the riser) to have a gap of at least 5 to 6mm.

I'm also open to suggestions of other quality mounts that I could use and what I'm likely to have to pay for them.

All constructive opinions appreciated.

Cheers

Chaz

Spuhr quick release mount QDP 4006 with a s and b scope 5-20x 50 , on a tikka varmint just enough clearance at the front .2.1”from bore of scope to centre of barrel . Hope this helps . Have a search on spuhr web will tell you how high a 4006 model is . Cheers  6BD739F5-FE33-4C20-8342-A85B03C84C2F.thumb.jpeg.8fd2f79e83ddea6b957f1a0d91ad8aa4.jpeg

Your objective bell should measure 58.4mm so your objective will be sitting 14.2mm lower than the bottom of your scope tube.

You will need a ring height of 19 or 20 mm to give the clearance you want.

Some rings give measurements from the bottom of the tube to the top of the rail and some give the measurement from the centre of the tube to the top of the rail. 

If the measurement is from the centre of the tube you will need a height of 34 or 35mm.