.308 1000yrd bullet choice

I appreciate all of the above comments and most certainly will be trying the Berger 185 Juggernauts.........when they become available, but for the moment I'm going to stick with the 155gr Scenar-L which I've gathered some good results from so far.  

I achieve 3000fps+ from the 155's but this was at 46.8gr N140 and leaving noticeable ejector indents. A safe and accurate load for my Savage FTR seams to be somewhere around 44.5 - 45.0 of N140 with a speed of around 2910fps  on the magneto speed so I'm going to stick with this for now and play around with it.   However, even at this load with no flattening of the CCI 450 mag primers they are still cratering and slightly flowing up into the firing pin.

I'm hoping this load will be good for up to 800 yards and possibly 1000......we'll see 🙂

Thanks for all the valuable info 

With a 26” barrel high 2800s with 42.5 grains of N135  . With 155 s . Amax 155 s prefer 43 grain s  so your 30” barrel should get the 3000s fps . My 155 loads run out of accuracy around 8-900 yards . Berger 175 OTM s work similar to 175 match kings and aren’t as popular as jugs so you might find some about .

Cheers 

Dauntsey guns have 2 packs of 175  Berger longrange boat tail which are good with 44.5 grain of N150 and will get you to 1000 yards . Coal at 2.9” for accuracy international mags . Berger factory ammo runs at 2600 ish fps for the jugs and 3000 fps for their 155.5 fullbore  . Enjoy 

cheers