.308 1000yrd bullet choice

Seeing as there's no Berger 185gr Juggernaut's available in the UK at this moment in time, has anyone got any experience with either the Sierra Match King 175gr HPBT or, more interestingly, the Nosler 175gr Ultra High BC 'RDF' ?

They're going to be used in a Savage model 12 FTR, 30" barrel, 1-12 twist.   

I'm still pondering over the Lapua's as well,  however the BC of the Scenar-L is not quite as good as the Nosler or Seirra, so my thoughts are on how efficient they are going to be over the distance.

I could always wait until the Berger's are available 😀

18 minutes ago, Mike C said:

I'm still pondering over the Lapua's as well,  however the BC of the Scenar-L is not quite as good as the Nosler or Seirra, so my thoughts are on how efficient they are going to be over the distance.

And when will that be........? 

4 hours ago, Mike C said:

Furrybean knows a fair bit about shooting a 308 and the projectiles associated with top level shooting so you can trust his opinions 👍

I have heard the "Random Damned Fliers" thing for a while but I shoot quite a few RDF. I buy them by the thousand lot. From my 1-10" RPR I get no random fliers. Admittedly, I uise them on MOA plates out to 1100 yards. No misses I can't attribute to heavy winds over varying terrain, or (gulp) me. ~Andrew

47 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Maybe others who have tried the RFD's will give their opinion of them..!!

I've considered trying them several times but I've not got around too it yet.

Neil.

let me know if you do want to do some testing. I have 130 grn (6.5 ) and 175 grn (308) I will send you 20 of each so you can try them .

On 12/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, meles meles said:

We too would suggest trying the bullets on offer from MME - http://mmeriflebullets.co.uk

The Wimbledon Match are awesome value for a 308, and the Mistral-T our preference in .338

I use Petes WM 185gr in my FTR .

I tested them against scenars when I got the first batch and there more consistant in weight and length than the factory produced scenars and cheaper.

51 minutes ago, Ralpharama said:

I'm a recent convert to ELDs and they do seem to fly nice and straight :)

My 24" 1:11 barrel does not get on at all with ELDs.  Berger 185 Jugs are excellent at 1000yds,  155 Scenars are great up to 800yds, after that they go off and are all over the place at 1000.