Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Recommended Posts

Description

Aimed at Law Enforcement and civilian users, the AT continues the legacy of the combat proven AW308 whilst taking it to new levels. Shown here with folding stock and 26” barrel with muzzle brake, base models have a fixed stock with 24” plain barrel which can be changed in minutes.

Specification

  • Calibre: .308 Win (Short Action) or 6.5 CR
  • Weight: With empty magazine, no scope, 24” barrel, no muzzle brake: 5.8 kg
  • Dimensions: With 24” barrel, no muzzle brake, no rails Full length: 1125 mm x 180 mm x 100 mm Stock folded: 890 mm x 180 mm x 145 mm 

Base Model

  • Fixed stock
  • Standard adjustable cheekpiece
  • Fixed buttpad with spacers
  • Pistol grip
  • Flush cup sling attachment points
  • 20 MOA STANAG 4694 / Mil Std 1913 action rail
  • Double chamber standard muzzle brake
  • User manual
  • 1 x 10 round double stack magazine

Options

  • Left side folding stock
  • Tactical threaded double chamber muzzle
  • brake for AI suppressor

Features

  • Proofed steel action featuring AI’s patented Quickloc quick release barrel system, bolted and bonded to aluminium chassis
  • 20 MOA STANAG 4694 / Mil Std 1913 action and forend rail
  • 6 lug, 60° bolt with AI combat proven leaf spring extractor
  • 3 position safety
  • Two stage trigger adjustable for trigger weight between 1.5 and 2kg
  • Detachable 10-round double stack magazine - can also be top loaded though the rifle ejection port

Colours

Stockside colours:

AI_Cerakote_Colours_480x480.png?v=160268

Link to post
Share on other sites

AT isn't available from the factory with a 6.5CM barrel, although I am sure that someone like Sporting Services (Accuracy International - Rifles – Sporting Services) or Valkyrie Rifles (Valkyrie | Performance Rifles Home (valkyrierifles.net)), would provide one with a non factory 6.5CM barrel.

AT308 (accuracyinternational.com)

However, the new AT-X is available from the factory with a 6.5CM barrel.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best bet have a chat with Valkyrie rifles chap . Proper job done once then no worries later . He might know of any up for sale etc . Enjoy the 6.5 , wish I’d known this years ago when I bought 308 and my mate got a creed and whupped me at eskdalemuir.

 Cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richiew said:

Best bet have a chat with Valkyrie rifles chap . Proper job done once then no worries later . He might know of any up for sale etc . Enjoy the 6.5 , wish I’d known this years ago when I bought 308 and my mate got a creed and whupped me at eskdalemuir.

 Cheers 

Thanks mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2021 at 9:30 PM, Jim_halpert said:

Sportsmans carry rifles and orders direct from AI with 6.5cm barrels. The newer trash barrels that AI have been producing somewhere. 

I am genuinely interested. What makes the newer barrels trash?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jim_halpert said:

AI chinned off Lothar and decided to do their own and they haven't been very consistent at all. 

That's interesting, what data is your statement based on?

Are you saying that the all new ATX's are going to suffer from poor accuracy due to barrel issues?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The "data" is from two gunsmiths, a former AI employee and a distributor who have all confirmed the earlier barrels are much much better, and the later barrels suffer. 

 

I don't believe I have said that all AT-X will suffer from poor accuracy, did you leave the Engineers to pursue journalism? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim_halpert said:

The "data" is from two gunsmiths, a former AI employee and a distributor who have all confirmed the earlier barrels are much much better, and the later barrels suffer. 

 

I don't believe I have said that all AT-X will suffer from poor accuracy, did you leave the Engineers to pursue journalism? 

I was keen to understand what data you based your statement on. It was such a broad statement, with no evidence that I was making a point.

I'm sure if AI barrels were not consistent, then their quality control would pick it up, but clearly not according to your sources.

If you want to get personal, take it elsewhere

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Roy W said:

I was keen to understand what data you based your statement on. It was such a broad statement, with no evidence that I was making a point.

I'm sure if AI barrels were not consistent, then their quality control would pick it up, but clearly not according to your sources.

If you want to get personal, take it elsewhere

 

It was a joke, you've come in here for an argument, and you'll sadly be left arguing with yourself old boy. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t say I’ve noticed any AI (recent or old) with accuracy issues from either the older Walther barrels or the Sassen barrels - other than shot out tubes ready for rebarrelling 

Ive replaced (rebarrelled) several A I rifle barrels with Sassen, (which are the factory barrel on the newer rifles ) and not noticed any accuracy issues (from client feedback) 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Can’t say I’ve noticed any AI (recent or old) with accuracy issues from either the older Walther barrels or the Sassen barrels - other than shot out tubes ready for rebarrelling 

Ive replaced (rebarrelled) several A I rifle barrels with Sassen, (which are the factory barrel on the newer rifles ) and not noticed any accuracy issues (from client feedback) 

 

 

 

Well that's positive!

I've been told the opposite and I'm inclined to believe that. Unless I've been fed a pack of lies which is of course possible. But when I spoke to certain people and mentioned the specifics of what I had been told, they were in agreement immediately, when it was in their best interests to say its nonsense. 

Anything beginning with a 3 is likely a much better barrel than anything beginning with a 5. Some poor results from 5 serialed rifles etc. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So at present the demo ATX rifles being used in the states are prefix 20 (these use the standard AT action that is across the board now in all their weapons other than MC actions 

I've just rebarrelled two rifles prefix 14 and the other 12 - they shot superbly right up until the time their barrels were toast and needed replacing

I had an 07 (2007) Prefix AW that went on to win the Benchrest small group (factory rifle) accolade - (not in my ownership)

From what you’ve just posted about serial numbers you are saying that 03 (2003) built rifles shot better than 2005 (05) ?

just trying to get my head around the thought process that a 2005 barrelled action may shoot any different to any other date and those rifles will have been barrelled using Lothar Walther tubes by the way at that date period 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ronin said:

So at present the demo ATX rifles being used in the states are prefix 20 (these use the standard AT action that is across the board now in all their weapons other than MC actions 

I've just rebarrelled two rifles prefix 14 and the other 12 - they shot superbly right up until the time their barrels were toast and needed replacing

I had an 07 (2007) Prefix AW that went on to win the Benchrest small group (factory rifle) accolade - (not in my ownership)

From what you’ve just posted about serial numbers you are saying that 03 (2003) built rifles shot better than 2005 (05) ?

just trying to get my head around the thought process that a 2005 barrelled action may shoot any different to any other date and those rifles will have been barrelled using Lothar Walther tubes by the way at that date period 

 

Thanks for a comprehensive reply, I'm talking ATs with barrel serials beginning with a 3, and barrel serials beginning with a 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok - thanks for clarifying 

Serial numbering of barrels usually refers to the part number for stock at manufacture 

👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy, very much conjecture but I would would hazard a guess at different reamers  and throats……..the AXMC ( still the same one I got all them years back) has the factory 25” tube, Krieger 20” tube (and a new factory 20” tube that I have not shot). The 25” factory and 20” Krieger  will shoot Lapua, Bergers and Hornady Eldm’s. A mates much newer AXMC will only shoot Lapua Scenars - really hates Eldm’s. He swapped it for a US AI factory made 27” tube - likes Bergers and Eldm’s now. This is in 338. I can’t see anything obviously different with a bore scope. I haven’t measured the throats though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jim_halpert changed the title to SORTED PLEASE DELETE
12 hours ago, Ronin said:

So at present the demo ATX rifles being used in the states are prefix 20 (these use the standard AT action that is across the board now in all their weapons other than MC actions 

I've just rebarrelled two rifles prefix 14 and the other 12 - they shot superbly right up until the time their barrels were toast and needed replacing

I had an 07 (2007) Prefix AW that went on to win the Benchrest small group (factory rifle) accolade - (not in my ownership)

From what you’ve just posted about serial numbers you are saying that 03 (2003) built rifles shot better than 2005 (05) ?

just trying to get my head around the thought process that a 2005 barrelled action may shoot any different to any other date and those rifles will have been barrelled using Lothar Walther tubes by the way at that date period 

 

Interested in how an AI can complete in factory benchrest (since until the new AT-X, they didn't make their own barrels). I shoot at Diggle and all AIs are in either light gun or heavy gun, the only AI which will be allowed to compete in the factory class if the new AT-X. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Northallerton NSAC shooting.jpg

RifleMags_200x100.jpg

dolphin button4 (200x100).jpg

CASEPREP_FINAL_YELLOW_hi_res__200_.jpg

rovicom200.jpg

Lumensmini.png

CALTON MOOR RANGE (2) (200x135).jpg

bradley1 200.jpg

NVstore200.jpg

blackrifle.png

jr_firearms_200.gif

valkyrie 200.jpg

tab 200.jpg



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy